Lt. Commander
# 1 Making Stipends Cross-Game
12-13-2011, 01:46 PM
The Chat system is linked between Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

The Mail system is also linked.

Yet the stipends are specific to one game or the other.

Why?

It seems to me that it would boost the subscription rates of both games (and give an extra incentive to F2Pers to subscribe) if the stipends were cross-game. That is if the C-Points were simply generic, like those that are normally purchased, and allowed purchases through the C-Store on either game.

Don't you think that would be a good idea?

Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I think it's an excellent idea. PW / Cryptic apparently does not. My threads regarding this: STO / CO. I believe however that the differences between CO and STO and their F2P economies will prevent Cryptic from doing this. I hope I'm wrong though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
[color="Wheat"]The Chat system is linked between Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

The Mail system is also linked.

Yet the stipends are specific to one game or the other.

Why?
I don't see the logic in this... Why should the subscription 'perk' for one game apply to another game that you have no subscription too???
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku View Post
I don't see the logic in this... Why should the subscription 'perk' for one game apply to another game that you have no subscription to???
Because if you're already subscribed to one game and you get that perk and you've also got an account on the other game... the potential of having two games where these points could be used means people will go through their stipend(s) faster than with just one game. Therefore, they'll have to either buy more points if there's more they want to buy, or play more (i.e. grind more) in STO to obtain dilithium and buy more Cryptic Points off the exchange thus depleting faster the amount of CP's other people have.

To balance this, Cryptic will probably need to introduce a system equivalent to the DL/CP Exchange into CO and then both games could offer a unified C-Store and we will be able to enjoy unified stipends.

Not sure it'll ever happen, but I don't expect this to happen before NWO launches anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
I don't see the logic in this... Why should the subscription 'perk' for one game apply to another game that you have no subscription too???
Because it is a possibility that you might try their other game perhaps? Perhaps because you might see an advantage in subscribing to both? Perhaps because if they did and people did subscribe to both it would double their profits almost instantly?

A lot of players of STO also play CO from time to time and a lot of players of CO play STO from time to time. Some people even have Lifetime subs with both games.

Lt. Commander
# 6
12-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
A lot of players of STO also play CO from time to time and a lot of players of CO play STO from time to time. Some people even have Lifetime subs with both games.
Like my wife and I.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-13-2011, 02:23 PM
It would make too much sense, therefore it won't be done.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Boom goes the Vulcan's head.

Lt. Commander
# 9
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
This is my thoughts on it too.

Cryptic/PWE may not be that smart...
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I support the idea herein proposed.