Lt. Commander
# 31
12-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Great Stuff! Been looking for an excuse to hunker down and do some serious Doff micromanagement!

Is there any way to differentiate the Doff packs bought from the C-Store and those earned through other means? I know the ones earned through promotion are labelled with ranks.

For those who don't want to punt for the super-rare doffs with c-points, I'm sure it won't be long before people start buying the packs to sell on the exchange.
Being able to sell UR Doffs on the exchange won't really help. The Bug ship is available on the exchange as well if you have 350 Million EC.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Junior Officer Appreciation Weekend?!?

>sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!<

Srsly! I'm has happy as a little girl* :p Let's review TeH Awesomesauce:
Bonus CXP?
Awesome! This by itself would have made my weekend. In fact, when sdangelo mentioned the promo weekend yesterday, this is all I expected and would have been happy and content if that was all...

Free Purple Engie ExoComp?
That's totally cool! My Tac ExoComp was getting lonely, and I always seem to be short-handed on Engineers. The fact that it's going to be Purple is a treat! You guys really know how to make a girl* feel special! ah-ha

Additional Reserve Space?
When Heretic said in my Request thread this was planned before F2P, I feared I still wouldn't get it for weeks. Getting it tomorrow is just in time. I've had to stop most all my recruitment missions as I'm all full up! I can't wait to buy more space... Really, I only need it on a couple-three main characters, but still, hopefully it's not too expensive...

UberRare Purple DOffs?
Can we have a color above purple? Heh. Honestly, while it's nice having these in the C-Store packs, I've had my fill of Random Chase Cards. Back when I played Magic the Gathering, I once bought three cases of Stormhold booster packs looking for that darn Sliver Queen card, only to have to buy her for (another) $25 directly from a comic shop. (Humorously, I did get a second Sliver Queen in a random single pack I purchased years later at a clearance sale... Go figure )

And that's just one instance where the Random Chase Card Gods frowned upon me. I don't see myself hunting for, or acquiring, these DOffs. More's the pity. Ah well. If they help Cryptic sell a few packs, make a little dough, and give Team Heretic a bonus, then I'm all for 'em.

So far you've been mixing it up with Special Purples being available from Other Sources (Promo Weekends, Special Missions/Assignments, Hard Work, Leveling, Tribble Testing, etc...), then seriously, I totally support the move to add a few to the C-Store Packs. I might even buy a couple now and again on sales and such...

Bonus C-Store Packs?
Well, between normal levelling, recruitment, missions, and commendations (token and Dil purchases) I find my characters are maxed out at 100 Green DOffs so fast I don't need to purchase C-Store Packs. That said, as a THANK YOU for Heretic's hard work, and this groovey Promo, (And yes, a chance at the UberPurps), I'll buy a handful of packs. You're welcome.

Cryptic, I love, love, LOVE the Duty Officer System! And this is the kind of promo weekend I like. The kind of Promo that include words like "bonus" and "free" and "new" are all great! Yeah, I can see some people further disappointed by the "money grab" of the UberPurps, but there's plenty of FREE and BONUS in there without spending a dime and come on, it's a business. There has to be some income.

Again, DOff System is still (so far, at least) the Best Part of Season Five.

* Any references to myself as a girl was purely in jest as someone secure in himself and his gender and to fit the tone/humor of the post. No insult or alteration on reality was intended. ;>
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Wooties on the expansion ability from 100 to 400 duffs on resurf!
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Probabaly been said already.... How about fix the dilithium exchange so we can take advantage of this great offer
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen D’Angelo - Path to F2P 17

Duty Officer Rewards
One unique purple quality Duty Officer with a unique ability not available anywhere else in the game for completing at least one tier 3 commendation in the Duty Officer system. This is a unique, bound item that can be claimed on every character on the account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff “Heretic” Tuffli - Latest Dev Diary #9

Receive a FREE special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers, this is a new engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers, it is a Reman duty officer.

Moreover, this weekend will also see the introduction of new super-rare duty officers to C-Store packs. There are five new officers for each of the Federation and KDF packs. These include a Xindi-Aquatic, a Xindi-Insectoid, a Klingon Augment, a Suliban and others, each with unique active roster powers adding new functionality to both your ships and away missions.
Needing some clarification on this since the unique purple office I got for my Klingon for testing on tribble NOT available anywhere in the game (According to The Executive) was..... wait for it..... The Augmented Klingon AND for my Federation was... wait for it.... The Engineering Exocomp..... So can you clarify why one is already going into C-Store packs and one is being given away as a reward in something else a week agter we got the rewards????

Upon seeing this I suddenly feel like the time I spent leveling and testing on tribble was a waste of time and worthless. THanks Cryptic...

I'm sorry but when we're told they are NOT GOING TO BE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME this is what we expect, not for them to be shunted into C-Store packs or as another reward a week after we get the rewards.

Please clarify!!!
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-14-2011, 02:51 PM
It was actually always in the plan to have rare special ultra-rare Purples in the standard packs - we wanted a few duty officers that were very collectible and unique, but on par with other available abilities.

I simply didn't get them done in time for Tribble or the initial launch of the system on Holodeck. The timing to include them now is just when they wound up getting done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Needing some clarification on this since the unique purple office I got for my Klingon for testing on tribble NOT available anywhere in the game (According to The Executive) was..... wait for it..... The Augmented Klingon AND for my Federation was... wait for it.... The Engineering Exocomp..... So can you clarify why one is already going into C-Store packs and one is being given away as a reward in something else a week agter we got the rewards????

Upon seeing this I suddenly feel like the time I spent leveling and testing on tribble was a waste of time and worthless. THanks Cryptic...

I'm sorry but when we're told they are NOT GOING TO BE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME this is what we expect, not for them to be shunted into C-Store packs or as another reward a week after we get the rewards.

Please clarify!!!
The Tribble Federation reward was a "Tactical Exocomp". The free unique is straight "Exocomp". Two completely different duty officers.

The Tribble KDF reward was a Nausicaan Augment. The free unique is a Klingon Augment. Similarly, two completely different duty officers.

Both of the two free Purples being given away during the event are also possible to find in the C-Store packs. The Tribble rewards are and continue to be unique and not otherwise acquireable within the game.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
It was actually always in the plan to have rare special ultra-rare Purples in the standard packs - we wanted a few duty officers that were very collectible and unique, but on par with other available abilities.

I simply didn't get them done in time for Tribble or the initial launch of the system on Holodeck. The timing to include them now is just when they wound up getting done.
I would like to second the suggestion you add a new color into the mix if your essentially adding another level or rarity. Maybe gold? And just to clarify one thing, do you still have a chance to get these ultra-rare's through normal gameplay, even if it is less than by purchasing the packs from the store?
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:

Please clarify!!!
It was clarified. In this thread, before your post, even. Try reading.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...post3907672#21
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I would like to second the suggestion you add a new color into the mix if your essentially adding another level or rarity. Maybe gold? And just to clarify one thing, do you still have a chance to get these ultra-rare's through normal gameplay, even if it is less than by purchasing the packs from the store?
I thought about it, but while they are rarer, their quality - which is what the color indicates - is the same, both for assignments and for the potency of their active roster abilities.

Currently, for example, Saurians are rarer than Andorians, though that is irrespective of their actual quality as denoted by their color.

As for being available through normal gameplay, they are in fact available from daily cadre packs, though the incidence is obviously going to be lower due to those packs not having a quality guarantee.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:

Please clarify!!!
Interesting. My fed got a Tactical Exocomp for doing the tribble test and my KDF got a nausican. Both got something called a Automated Personnel Unit. Aka. an android.