Lt. Commander
# 51
12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
yeah and Automated Personnel Unit is listed as space but yet on the roster its only for ground. why?
There is a fix for that, it has been talked about in other threads. It should hit holodeck soon.
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Unlike the Jem'Hadar I have no problem with this.

1.) Its not a time limited offer.
2.) The new Ultra Rare DOffs are obtainable through normal gameplay and a little luck.
Additionally the item you are buying... (the duty officer pack) has a purpose that is well established unlike the gift boxes which contains a bunch of trash with only one really valuable item.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Contradicts:
There is no contradiction. Saying they are adding them to the C-store packs does not mean they are not also adding them to the normal mission packs, like his last post said. If it had said "only to the C-store packs", that would have been a contradiction.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Unlike the Jem'Hadar I have no problem with this.

1.) Its not a time limited offer.
2.) The new Ultra Rare DOffs are obtainable through normal gameplay and a little luck.
it is limited time offer. after the advent say good bye to the super doff. its another lotto scam.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The Tribble reward was a Tactical Exocomp, this is a straight Exocomp and is more Engineering oriented.
Awesome stuff all around. And the Engy Exocomp is appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
it is limited time offer. after the advent say good bye to the super doff. its another lotto scam.
You have failed to correctly read the article:

Quote:
For this special weekend event, running from 10:00 am PST Thursday Dec 15 through 10:00 am PST Monday Dec 19, the following will be available:
  • Speak with your duty officer contact in the academies – Lieutenant Ferra for Starfleet officers, and Lieutenant S’stas for KDF officers – to receive up to a 50% bonus to all duty officer assignment Commendation Experience Points (CXP) for the weekend. You need only speak to him once to have the bonus for the remainder of the event. The bonus varies slightly depending on the duration of the assignment.
  • Receive a FREE special Purple quality duty officer with a unique active roster power by speaking with your duty officer contact. For Starfleet officers, this is a new engineering Exocomp duty officer; for KDF officers, it is a Reman duty officer.
  • Duty officer packs opened during the event will each have a FREE additional Green quality or better duty officer inside. This only applies to C-Store purchased packs, not to ones awarded during rank-up or from recruitment assignments, and it applies only to packs opened during the event, even if they are purchased prior to the event.
Those 3 items are the only temporary things and they are all FREE. Everything listed after that, including the new rare Doffs, are permanent. The only thing they have to do with this weekend is that is when they are being added to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Thank you Heretic, for your continued work on the DOff system. It is amazing.

I was worried you'd just set it up and then walk away from it, but it's great to see you taking care of your baby.

Plus, to the gambler haters-

I would rather spend my money for the chance to get a rare item, then have it tied to a mission that is beyond my and my fleets skill level (see: STF Elite). At least this way I have a chance to get the cool stuff, rather than the guarantee nothing.

Plus, I get the twinge of excitement every time I open a gambling box. That's entertainment value right there! :p
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You have failed to correctly read the article:

Those 3 items are the only temporary things and they are all FREE. Everything listed after that, including the new rare Doffs, are permanent. The only thing they have to do with this weekend is that is when they are being added to the game.
ahh ok........well i think thats my first true rant on fourms. ok im happy now that this isent limited. i feel alot better now. after the lottlo with the ship.........im abit jumpy with these very rare and unique items.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
If only the Jem'Hadar ship was not a time limited offer.
Thats really the killer with it.
Would be nice though if they could add it as an ultra rare random reward for a DS9 daily.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilPhil
Plus, to the gambler haters-

I get the twinge of excitement every time I open a gambling box. That's entertainment value right there! :p
today i bought 500 cp. out of my 5 red boxes i got 3 tribbles which i owned because im able to claim on every toon. so u cant say gamble haters. atleast with doff packs i can use thoes doffs. i got jumpy thinking that 5 super doffs were limited time only and thats a poor business model that actually works. but again its very poor taste. if a guy can run a first race and get the free ship and never bought cp and i spent about 100$ at that point he got the ship, how can u say that is a fair model?