Lt. Commander
# 1 B'rel EBC fix?
11-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Is the B'rell Enhanced Battlecloak gettin fixed with Season 5? ie soon tm
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Whats it doing? My B'rel ABC worked very well in ker'rat yesterday.

If its the decloaking to talk thing, thats been fixed they say though now its situational as to when it happens.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Yeah, that got fixed a while back.
I wonder what happened to the hull strength improvements:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...6&postcount=12
I remember a dev (CaptainGeko?) saying the hull strength ended up lower than he intended, but I couldn't find the post anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-12-2011, 05:47 AM
LOLz, they'll fix the hull only after the feds no longer consider us OP.
Might as well make some coco (with tiny marshmellows) and settle in for a long wait.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-12-2011, 06:03 AM
I had to stop using my B'Rel retrofit. I was so excited by it and happily used my VA token to get it. However, after a few trips to Kerrat, the low hull and borked cloak made the ship cannon fodder.

Seriously, when I fire a torp under cloak, I de-cloak long enough to be destroyed four times over if there is more then one Fed within 10 K of me. And just how much damage can a single volley of projectile weaponry do anyway? The EBC seems useless....

I downgraded to a Heg'Ta BoP and won't be going back unless they find a way to make the B'Rel retrofit a real VA level ship.

I pity the poor F2P players who will eventually grind up to VA level on the KDF side and accidentally use real money to buy the B'Rel retrofit...
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-12-2011, 06:49 AM
I do quite well in Ker'rat with my B'rel. try using jam sensors. I Also like to use Grav well & VM to soften up/confuse my opponents while i fly around torpedoing him. also use Sci scan, & APB to make your torps hit harder.
Good times.
If someone runs me down though, I pop REAL fast.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Or design a shield stripper and fling torps when they are down.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2011, 10:07 AM
With the weakness hulls have now I've pondered building a ship that focuses on doing damage through the shields. Most people have numerous shield heals (2 copies of EPtS, TSS, RSP, Sci team, shield battery) but only 1 or 2 hull heals (eng team, hazard emitters). So if you can do heavy damage to their hull while shields are still up it will take them a long time to recover from it.

Even without the broken FBP there are a number of powers that deal damage to the hull... either directly or over time with radiation. Combine that with plasma weapons and 'pengs and you should be able to pull it off.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
And just how much damage can a single volley of projectile weaponry do anyway?

A lot. Try the bioneural warhead, and a HY3 with quants, boosted by sensor scan & APB. 1 second after you fire your quants you can fire off the Breen transphasic cluster**** torpedo if you equip one.
My B'rel doesn't have a single energy weapon, & i can do decent damage with it. But the paper hull does make it a risky proposition.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-13-2011, 04:42 PM
I changed to the B'rel and prefer it despite the lower hull.

Use the EBC to your advantage by healing while cloaked - including healing shields. You can also activate your EPtX systems to prepare for a strike.

Along with that, you have superb maneuverability, and very quick acceleration.

I run a simple build, 3DHC, 1 Torp, 2 turrets, and don't use any shield draining, etc. I'm mostly a direct DPS using CRF, TS, and skills to heal my hull / shields, while keeping speed high for maneuverability and damage avoidance.

The only ships I have trouble with are very heavy hitters (especially when they crit with BO - say like HALE!), or very heavily fortified cruisers. But every build has its disadvantes, and I'm satisfied with what I get out of mine.

After flying the B'rel, I wouldn't go back to the less maneuverable BoP.