Lt. Commander
# 11
12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Do you remember months back that a new PvP map was said to be coming along with one of the new featured episodes?

And is their anyone you can poke so they can in here and give an update on that? Just a thought, I read recently the latest FE is still under construction after being pushed back, but it would be really amazing to find out that this FE when released unlocked access to a new PvP map... What would be even more awesome, would be someone popping in to explain how maps are converted to PvP maps, been a while since we've been mathed and potentially the idea to allow players to create their own PvP maps via the Foundry is something I hope to see stuffed into the pipe at some point.

Thanks for stopping by, appreciate the time spent.
When I wrote the inital story and concepts for the next FE, it was with the intention that one of the new maps I was requesting be converted for PvP.

As far as I know, that is still the plan. It will take some work by the designer to convert, so I don't expect that it will release as a PvP map at the same time, but it's on our radar.

(As to when the PvP version will be released? I don't know. Schedules aren't my area.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Sounds like the PvP community could potentially get a "pew pew" surprise in the coming months, thanks.

Of course, no one should take J-mans post as a promise, or even a suggestion that a new PvP map will be in the next FE series or one after that, but you (the player) can have hope and in the mean time, try to get a target lock on BranFlakes! lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Just want to hedge off any expectations here: I don't personally have anything to do with new maps, battlefields, or arenas. I'm really only touring this forum for feedback on Powers and Items.
As in fixing bugs associated with those powers and items, or as in thinking up new and kewl powers and items and combinations thereof with which to spiff up your toons?
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Thank you Kestrel, still very much looking forward to that new story arc you've been working on and good luck to that designer converting the map!

If the designer ever get's a chance to pop in to explain more about how the mechanics of PvP work behind the scenes, I personally would love to know, and I'm sure others would to... perhaps the one who has the most experience with the PvP part of STO could get a slot on STOked at some point in the future, that'd be cool, but then I'm guessing work that was previously done on PvP was a team effort as always with work done on STO.

I'm just quite interested in the map conversion stuff, and still very much interested in seeing a return of "working as intended" open PvP gameplay.

Anyway I be rambling so toodle pip, keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
As in fixing bugs associated with those powers and items, or as in thinking up new and kewl powers and items and combinations thereof with which to spiff up your toons?
Both. But primarily the first, for now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Wow.. this is the most positive thread I think I have ever seen in the pvp section!

(Hope I didn't just jinx it... )

I am very happy about the devs taking some time to post and get involved here, as I am sure many others are. It is greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
That is the most important thing, in my opinion. If we can help to repair damage done by current problematic mechanics, and learn from them, maybe future additions can be a bit less controversial. All anyone wants is a good, fun game.

I'm pretty excited to see you guys floating around some to questions in threads, PM and in game. Please keep it up and I'm sure bad attitudes will be a thing of the past. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That is the most important thing, in my opinion. If we can help to repair damage done by current problematic mechanics, and learn from them, maybe future additions can be a bit less controversial. All anyone wants is a good, fun game.

I'm pretty excited to see you guys floating around some to questions in threads, PM and in game. Please keep it up and I'm sure bad attitudes will be a thing of the past. Thank you.
We PvP folk just need to feel loved, and see progress. Most do not expect fixes overnight but it refreshing to see that our pleas are making it to the right people.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Maps won't matter a bit as long as the current imbalance between skills/powers and pay2win exists.

Space PvP was my favorite part of the game... but it's been a big disappointment since the S5 launch. I don't even have a reason to log in anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
I'll have a bug ticket for you tonight, then. I meant to put it in last night or this morning, but time got away from me.

And thanks very much for the reply.