Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi STO,

May Lifetime/Paying members of the STO community be allowed extra Duty Officer Space?

For example:
Upon every rank increase extra Duty Officer X space be given.
OR
Upon X amount of Veteran Day Rewards extra Duty Officer X space be given.

This will add value to a paying member, and match the other aspect of the game like.

For example:
1. character inventory space
2. starship inventory space
3. bank inventory space

Thanks for reading and considering my feedback.

Your Paying Customer,

Warmog / Dinny
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
That seems like a reasonable request. Sure would be nice to have a few more perks like this for Gold Accounts.

Good idea!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmog View Post

This will add value to a paying member, and match the other aspect of the game like.

For example:
1. character inventory space
2. starship inventory space
3. bank inventory space
This makes a lot of sense. If you get a bit of an increase with all your other "storage", why not the doff storage?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah, totally makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2011, 08:09 PM
/signed.

This seems only logical. All our other storages increase with rank.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Granted, the stipend and the slight game improvement provided have yet to make the gold account feel like appealing choices to pay for versus the silver accounts and whatever those people could earn via microtransactions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2011, 11:53 PM
y'know i hate to be the one to break this to you guys but when a game goes f2p the most important people aren't the subscribers. indeed if you go f2p in pursuit of subscriptions (which is what many subscribers and bad mmo developers tend to think) you've basically already lost the point of what you are doing.

what's important in a f2p game is not pandering to subscribers but rather providing the most attractive experience to the vast unwashed hordes of f2pers who will never subscribe to your game but who at the same time will provide the vast majority of your future revenue.

that laid out there although this doesn't seem like a big deal and is compared directly to bag space etc the fact is doff space directly relates to the amount of doff missions you can do and thus progression speed through the game and thusly should be more carefully considered than striking off a dozen bag and bank spaces here and there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2012, 10:29 PM

I love this idea and it doesn't have to be a huge boost each tier, just a small addition of maybe 10 per tier would be nice and may even encourage purchase of more space if a value is noticed from the free addition.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I also think this would be a good addition, and agree with the sentiment that at times it feels like we aren't getting everything we pay for with our subs/lifetime purchases.

I would say that 20 or so per rank up would be in the right number, so that ultimately you could avoid having to go for the 100 additional slots for that toon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM
I would support this as well. I am always running out of room. Even my extra BO's have stuff stored on them. I even have stuff stored in my e-mail!!!!