Lt. Commander
# 481
04-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
Anyone else noticed Beam Overload's constant 'miss'es with DBB's? For fun I tried a DBB again on my ship and it was really noticable even with Acc x3 on it. While normal shots hardly miss at all, Beam overloads keep missing for the hell of it.

I hope this is not some new bug introduced by fixing old ones. Strange thing is I noticed this, and some guy in Opvp mentioned the exact same thing. Well we'll see.
i couldn't help but notice the 6 or 7 acc3 mkX disruptor DBB on the exchange for like ~150000ec the other day, got to wondering just what i could do with several of them. i ended up putting my kdf engineer back in a vorcha and bought 4 of them, backed up by turrets running BO1 and 2. this theoretically gives you slightly higher dps then 8 beams, plus i have burst often, but i have to concentrate on my maneuvering a LOT more.

i was highly disappointed by their accuracy in general, my acc 3 single cannons on another character never miss, like ever. but i hadn't grinded an omega deflecter for the kdf engineer yet, and as soon as i finally did i noticed massive improvements, 9/10 accuracy. what it adds to your targeting skill made a huge difference, even with BO shots. having the glider too with the omega 'highest turn rate boosting' hyper impulse engine is just gravy
Lt. Commander
# 482
04-13-2012, 01:28 PM
There was speculation by some that the issue was with BO3 and that other versions weren't so bad. I changed up my build to use BO2 and I am not convinced. I still miss very frequently. Maybe I always did and it's just far more easily noticeable now.

Full disclosure, I didn't do scientific testing. I just played a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 483
04-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Still looking into the Accuracy issues ya'll have noticed.

In the meantime, wanted to give a heads-up that I just checked in a bunch of resistance-related fixes and balance tweaks for a build that will hopefully land on Tribble in time for some weekend shakedowns.

Most notably, resistances granted by "Power Insulators," "Sensors" and "Inertial Damp(en)ers" have been tuned back from 75% to 50%.

Other fixes include changes/improvements to Gravity Well, Subsystem Repair, disable durations/resists, Confuse immunity, Hazard Emitters, and a few power drain abilities that couldn't be properly resisted.

Watch for full patch notes, coming soon!
Lt. Commander
# 484
04-16-2012, 04:35 PM
when u say power drain u had gravity well listed dont u mean tyken's rift?
Lt. Commander
# 485
04-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic

In the meantime, wanted to give a heads-up that I just checked in a bunch of resistance-related fixes and balance tweaks for a build that will hopefully land on Tribble in time for some weekend shakedowns.

Most notably, resistances granted by "Power Insulators," "Sensors" and "Inertial Damp(en)ers" have been tuned back from 75% to 50%.

Other fixes include changes/improvements to Gravity Well, Subsystem Repair, disable durations/resists, Confuse immunity, Hazard Emitters, and a few power drain abilities that couldn't be properly resisted.

you mean my sci will be relevant again? So soon? Okay, I'm impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 486
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:

great! this is what i wanted to hear. the second half of the fixes are coming up. did glider get resisted by insulators yet? the last patch didn't specifically say.

oh, and look into Hazard Emitters not clearing debuffs from other players you cast it on
Lt. Commander
# 487
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:

I love you.

Are you married? >.>
Lt. Commander
# 488
04-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Good stuff. Looking forward to seeing these much needed adjustments. I like that you are easing off of 75% resistance instead of making a huge sudden drop. Hopefully we'll see more targeted adjustments like that as needed.

I'm also curious if things like Siphon Drones, Tachyon Drones, and Tet Glider are included in the general list of adjustments still in progress?
Lt. Commander
# 489
04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Some of these pieces are still in motion. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to wait until the patch notes arrive to get full details.

A few things that I can confirm were addressed:

- Hazard Emitters now clears TARGET, not SELF.
- Siphon Drones (and a few related NPC abilities) can now be resisted against.

Tachyon Drones and Tetryon Glider have recently been addressed. Not to say that they are excluded from further review, but we having only just published a round of changes (downward in overall effectiveness), we'd like to see how those changes shake out for a bit before considering further changes.
Lt. Commander
# 490
04-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:

I hope this time you guys accept feedback. So, the question for you is if we should bother with feedback or is going to be useless like the past?