Lt. Commander
# 1 Anti - Borg gear sets
12-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I am trying so very Hard to Love , or Like , or Even Tolerate ,the new gear sets.

It would be easer if these new gear sets were not geared more for kiling Players than the Borg ,which they were intended for.

There has been much " flammage " on these forums about thes gear sets .

Mostly about the lack of visuals , and clipping issues.

Not about Functionality.

I propose the following .

A Craftable Gear set , focused to fighting the Borg alone.

There is AGEIS for ships , now meet NEMISIS.

Ground set , craftable at Memory Alfa, or Qo'nos forge.

Concists of ;

One Personal Sheild Generator , Mk XI [Pla] [Cap] Reg] [Borg}

One Armor , Energy Dampening Mk XI , [Phys} [Hp] MobTox] [Borg}

One Device , Autonomic Frequency Modulator [Bleed] [Borg proc X2] [KB3] [Stun] [Borg]

Bonuses;

When all parts equipped grant the following

+ 10 Bleed Dmg for 15 seconds against Borg Npc's

+ 30 Kinetic Dmg against Borg Npc's { stacks }

+ KB3 [as norm]

+ 2.5 % chance + 2 Stun for 3 Sec [ Non - Fragile ] - 50 run Speed against Borg Npc's

+ 26 Root Resist

+ 26 Knockback Resst

+ 8.1 Toxic Resist

Motion Accellerator I

Leg Sweep II

Photon Grenade III

Nanite Anti - Asimulation Monitor , clears Borg Assimulation Nanites ONLY [passive, unlimted]

Autonomic Frequency Remodulator , Remodulates ranged weapon after Every shot/volley [ passive, effects ranged weapon only, does not interfere with other powers/abilties/consumables, 3 sec duration ]

Auto - Injector Unit , { clickable } + 275 HP on activation , 12 % chance + 40 HP over 7.5 Seconds [ use ,instant ; cooldown/rechange 10 seconds] Breaks Holds ,Roots and Stuns

I welcome all helpfull thoughts , comments , and crittisism.

Keep the Flammage down , I want this thread to stay up.

Other than that , have at thee.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Anything that helps the oft maligned STF Grind = GREAT!
Anything that improves the oft maligned Crafting aspect of STO = GREAT!
This nails two birds with one stone. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2011, 06:24 PM
well what I notieced is

power drain when using a galaxy but shields go up to 8900 in intrepid 5300 in dreadnaught

battle riffle is nice but armor PSG mark 10 suck

I have had an issue with power on fore weapons wear the they gain power
do I need to respec
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I like the idea of a craftable ground set but don't you think all those bonuses you suggest might be a little overpowered even for Elite STF? With free abilities and the crazy heal with all the other stat bonuses it kind of sounds like God mode. A craftable set shouldn't be more powerful than the grind set because if you can craft something that awesome why grind borg STFs?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2011, 12:13 AM
no knock back shield ?...interesting....
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.CHRONIC
...why grind borg STFs?
This is a question many people are asking, regardless of the set items.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Well, the most interesting part of the new sets are clearly the visuals. Unfortunatly we have this unpleasent issue, that MK XII sets are needed to unlock them fully and only the Omega set looks good in its MK XI variant.

The stats of the Honor Guard and Maco sets are ok (not overwhelming compared to normal stuff, but ok) and the Honor Guard weapon is probably the most useful of the 3. The only real issue I have is with the Omega set and I can't stretch it enough. Whoever came up with an armor that is not Polyalloy or Energy Dampening against enemies that tend to grill you with their plasma weapons should take another look at the game mechanics. And now my favorite, the Antiproton Autocarbine. Really Cryptic? Your super duper special elite troops for fighting an enemy that adapts on a per shot basis are equiped with burst weapons?

So my take on the question why to grind is, clearly for the visuals. Unfortunatly the best looking MK XI set is also the least effective for fighting Borg. On the other hand, as ProfHat said, the Omega Set is absolutly devastating against other players, so its not totally useless.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.CHRONIC
I like the idea of a craftable ground set but don't you think all those bonuses you suggest might be a little overpowered even for Elite STF? With free abilities and the crazy heal with all the other stat bonuses it kind of sounds like God mode. A craftable set shouldn't be more powerful than the grind set because if you can craft something that awesome why grind borg STFs?
When your average tactical drone has three times the hp of any one player along with adapation ,which renders your weapon as usefull as throwing rocks, and that last room in infected sudenly having 12 heavy tac drones & simmons every little bit of damage helps.

The heal with the honor guard set is +304 AND + 40% dmg in melee
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Well, the most interesting part of the new sets are clearly the visuals. Unfortunatly we have this unpleasent issue, that MK XII sets are needed to unlock them fully and only the Omega set looks good in its MK XI variant.

The stats of the Honor Guard and Maco sets are ok (not overwhelming compared to normal stuff, but ok) and the Honor Guard weapon is probably the most useful of the 3. The only real issue I have is with the Omega set and I can't stretch it enough. Whoever came up with an armor that is not Polyalloy or Energy Dampening against enemies that tend to grill you with their plasma weapons should take another look at the game mechanics. And now my favorite, the Antiproton Autocarbine. Really Cryptic? Your super duper special elite troops for fighting an enemy that adapts on a per shot basis are equiped with burst weapons?

So my take on the question why to grind is, clearly for the visuals. Unfortunatly the best looking MK XI set is also the least effective for fighting Borg. On the other hand, as ProfHat said, the Omega Set is absolutly devastating against other players, so its not totally useless.
The one single attribute of this set is , that it has NO VISUALS AT ALL.

That's right , completly invisable to the eye, nothing to see, nada
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.mcnaught
no knock back shield ?...interesting....
None of the " specail sheilds " in my experiance proc often enough to be usefull.

[Cap][Reg][Resist] are ALWAYS on, therefore of most use