Lt. Commander
# 11
12-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG
So one might argue that it is cheaper to just do the resapawn+die game, if it is intentionally made impossible to get the Optional Objectives in an Elite STF, then why should one care about the time it takes to finish it?
I've gotten the optional objectives in both KA & Cure ground, Infected is the only impossible one. All the space optional objectives are very possible as well, I've gotten all three. With good strategies, you won't actually die that often.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-23-2011, 02:26 PM
All I can say is....if you boss people around,start name calling,need on everything.....generally acting like a jerk....my IQ will suddenly drop 50 points and I'll become the pug from hell.....
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
I did indeed write this after getting frustrated about wasted time again, it seems necessary though as I often encounter people in Elite STFs who don't even know that they need regenerators and parts before entering.
Maybe I should have called it a "beginner's guide/General information about Elite" or something like that.
I thought it might be useful to provide information the game apparently doesn't.

I actually thought about writing a german translation today, as peaople not understanding you in an STF is another one of these problems...
I could just tell them in german, but I think its pretty rude to start talking in another language and leave the rest of the team out of the conversation/not giving them the chance to join it.
Thing is, I'm not totally convinced on how much you need regenerators/components.

Like I said, theres some good advice in your OP but I see it as ancillary information to an actual guide to the STF's and what must be done to complete objectives with strategies on how to avoid needing regenerators/components.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Like I said, theres some good advice in your OP but I see it as ancillary information to an actual guide to the STF's and what must be done to complete objectives with strategies on how to avoid needing regenerators/components.

This...
While I know everyone who plays STO may not view it, I'm sure there are many who would appreciate and follow such advice.
Maybe some kind soul with the knowledge and skills would update the walk thrus on STOwiki at least.
That would be great...
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Thing is, I'm not totally convinced on how much you need regenerators/components.

Specific stf parts are on their way (taking notes atm)

I did find out the reason why people don't use them in the first place by the way and hope this exploit gets patched out soon...

Edit:
KA Space guide - done
KA Ground - done

Infected Space - Not started
infected ground - Not started

Cure Space - Not started
Cure Ground - not started
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Number of insta-deaths is ridiculous from the little I've played. Had all heals going and still one-shotted.

And to me, infinitely worse than a pug that aren't too great, but are trying, is having one 'pro' who is shouting profanities and not playing as a team member. I've shied away from elite, one of the reasons can be summed up in my latest adventure. Cure- space, one 'pro' goes round, kills all the nanite generators and starts effing and blinding because the team couldn't hold back the wave of 20 or so nanite spheres as well as the two cubes that ensued.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Could you edit the OP to show that you don't need hypos if you have the 2 item set bonus from the Honor Guard set?
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
Could you edit the OP to show that you don't need hypos if you have the 2 item set bonus from the Honor Guard set?
What exactly is the honor guard set effect?
Is it shield regeneration or Health regeneration?

(The set ability does btw not have a shared CD with hypos, so they are still usefull, you wont need that many though)
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Being prepared is one thing, working as a team something completely else it seems in the Elite STFs. I've had "Rambos" and "Captain Kirks" all over the place in PuGs, funny thing is that they're usually the ones whining the STFs are too hard or that other people aren't doing their best.

When someone gives you CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, take it. It's a good way to improve yourself. I've been running the STFs since they popped on Holodeck, heck I've even cleared Undine Terradome before it was nerfed to the ground. You need a well oiled team of people that support eachother, duck for cover and above all, don't wander off like a halfwit.

I don't mind new people on elite STFs at all, just as long as they're willing to listen and learn from experienced people. Doesn't need to be perfect to be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Dark Knight, been there and done that in feeling the pain of fellow players who don'r read directions or listen. When approached about why they didn't comply, I get the F@#k you reply. I'm in here to get my two encrypticed data chips. Oh, the best one ever for me is " Medic Kit? Aaaaaa no I dont have one. Just use your health packs for that."

Hey Dark Knight if you know have this stf chat channel here it is : EliteSTF

You can link up with Elite players who always work on the optional. These guys Stf 24/7 ground and space. They also run through Terradome for the hugh dilithium ore reward. Hoipe to see you soon.
Since playing with people on that chat channel my stress level went to zero. If there is a Noob within the group voice communicate is a must. Heck I never did Terradome on Elite or ever completed it. They asked me if I had voice comms which I did and contected. This made things must easier for everyone on Terradome. SO the way I see it, I the Noob for Terradome had to make an effort to obtain vocie comms. Listen and follow instructions. Ask for help when needed and assist fellow players. Looking back at that I dont see how we could of did it looking for the Fed officer who flips the coin is the one to scan.