Lt. Commander
# 11 Yup - it's ferked
12-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Okay - quick follow up.

Just arrived back at DS9, spoke to D'vak. Quest won't complete.

Now a 10 minute waste of time escalated to a 30 minute waste of time.

Can still join STF queue so... no major harm done. Just, irritated.

Hooray for retro borg engine + slipstream.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-15-2011, 08:35 PM
I have the same problem on KDF Toon but was able to turn in the quest with all my Feds and it's nothing special.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Same here. Worked fine with my Fed, wouldn't let me turn it in with my KDF.

Hopefully we will have a resolution soon.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-15-2011, 08:58 PM
D'Vak is in another castle.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
... For me, the point is moot, the flight to DS9 from Qo'noS is long and grueling, and I REALLY want to finish that mission.
Fyi, you could start a Defari mission, not run it, then use it as a Mission Warp point to cut down on this flight. It's about 37k EC if I remember right. Then use your normal Qo'nos warp or use a starter KDF mission for similar Warp point. You can do this to check sector doff missions pretty quick and some of them are only 500 EC to use.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Same as those before me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Was running around the First City, as I wanted to concentrate on STF's with my kling toon for a while, and couldn't find him.... but didn't want to ask for fear of it being the new "Where's Sulu?"

At least I now know I'm not alone.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
This is perhaps not the right place for this sort of feedback, but I hope you'll see this flakybran and add it to your list:
Regarding D'Vak and the whole STF gear rewards... I logged into STO and got a message telling me D'Vak wanted to talk to me. As I was already on DS9, I went to talk to the guy and was immediately dismayed that Starfleet has even let him set up shop on DS9 what with all the talk about obtaining items that would make me the envy of my peers. Seriously, is he a Ferengi? Is he working for Starfleet at all? Is he even Klingon anymore? Because I thought a Klingon would value skill over gear!

I decided to ignore what D'Vak said and went to talk to the other contact there... Roxy's her name, if I recall correctly. She started explaining stuff about the equipment and when I grew tired of reading walls of text about it, I went to the actual dealers themselves. Wouldn't you know it... more buttons, more text... all of which is hiding the equipment itself. I ended up logging out in disgust, not buying anything and feeling I've better things to do with my time.
Please Cryptic, even if you're turning the game into a gear-fest... for the love of G...UI design, please streamline things so everything would be clear and obtaining the item would be a simple operation.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Please Cryptic, even if you're turning the game into a gear-fest... for the love of G...UI design, please streamline things so everything would be clear and obtaining the item would be a simple operation.
I'm going to second this. I've got a VA with the requisition form you get for free now. But after my eyes glazed over reading all the text (and I like reading!), and running back-and-forth manually going through each vendor trying to exchange it for something and failing, I gave up. Now it's just sitting there in my inventory taking up space.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Regarding D'Vak and the whole STF gear rewards... I logged into STO and got a message telling me D'Vak wanted to talk to me. As I was already on DS9, I went to talk to the guy and was immediately dismayed that Starfleet has even let him set up shop on DS9 what with all the talk about obtaining items that would make me the envy of my peers. Seriously, is he a Ferengi? Is he working for Starfleet at all? Is he even Klingon anymore? Because I thought a Klingon would value skill over gear!

I decided to ignore what D'Vak said and went to talk to the other contact there... Roxy's her name, if I recall correctly. She started explaining stuff about the equipment and when I grew tired of reading walls of text about it, I went to the actual dealers themselves. Wouldn't you know it... more buttons, more text... all of which is hiding the equipment itself. I ended up logging out in disgust, not buying anything and feeling I've better things to do with my time.
I was going to make fun of you for complaining about the reading and suggest there should be an action to HUG D'Vak for a reward. Then I remember having to ask one of my fleet mates to walk me through the process lol

There is a lot of good information in there that should be available to read (if you want to) but you are right, there should be just a simple button to press so you can get out of that crowded room!

AND not to be a suck-up but I have to say I really like the way Brandon comes on and comments on all of the topics. He is always on the ball and makes me feel like he is a direct line to the developers and the cryptic operation "BranFlakes”=Bat Phone