ROFLOL

+1

Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I was actually thinking about a Scotty EEH (Emergency Engineering Hologram) you could put in a device slot that would give you a boost of speed and trigger the audio: I'm giving her all she's got Captain!
You Can't Change the Laws of Physics! may be a better quote to use...
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I'll resurrect an old suggestion: Quantum Slipstream. Could we make it so that perhaps Engineering makes it more useful over time?

I had originally suggested that the slipstream level with you as you go up through the admiral ranks. For instance starting with the standard speed, and ability to cross a single sector, then maybe increasing the speed slightly and duration, so you could cross two sectors more quickly, then increasing the speed and duration slightly so you could more quickly and completely cross an entire sector BLOCK on a single Slipstream 'charge'. And/or possibly reducing the recharge time between? Slipstream is currently 'okay' for very short jumps but useless for really "getting anywhere quickly." It just doesn't last long enough or go fast enough.

It would be nice is maybe leveling up engineering either decreased recharge times for slips stream or increased speed & duration making it more useful for crossing large volumes of space. Maybe at the highest level you get the ability to simply click on an adjacent sector block on your map and get to move there immediately rather than having to schlep all the way across the sector block to get there. Y'know, just make navigating around a bit more efficient.

Though, I still think it should just be an admiral ability, since you only get slipstream once you're an admiral anyway, so I still think it should just level in effectiveness with you through admiral ranks. So maybe some other engineering bonus as you level up your engineering XP. Faster power transfers? Better shield or weapons performance? Faster recharge times? I dunno. Something engineering related...