Lt. Commander
# 21
12-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
2. Patches for stability could easly be avoided by doing it right IN THE F**** FIRST PLACE. They had the chance to do it right yesterday or in ANY of the other felt 2000 downtimes during the last weeks.
Then get it in their heads to actually LISTEN to those that play on Tribble, instead of brushing us off.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
I am confused... is this for Friday the 16th of December?
Time warp ... They are using a decommissioned NASA shuttle to slingshot around the sun to go back to yesterday to perform server maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-16-2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffyace View Post
I don't understand users. They have an issue with Cryptic not fixing bugs and when they do they also have an issue. It is annoying but at least they are finally doing what we pay for.
And I dont understand users who dont get that abvoiding bugs by keeping the server down is not a very helpfull way. And users who dont get that 1 downtime is usually is enough to fix bugs. And users who dont get that there are TESTING servers where builds can be... you guessed it... TESTET to avoid bugs going live in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-16-2011, 04:52 AM
God, what are you people complaining about? Cryptic should be praised for shutting everything down every other day and letting things cool off. Even if they're just opening up server boxes and firing cans of compressed air in the heat sinks to clear out the dust. These downtimes (for all they affect a few people when they happen) make the game run better for everyone.

/rant=0
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-16-2011, 05:10 AM
Entitlement, that's what it is. People want to have their cake and eat it, which (short of getting a replicator) isn't possible.[/quote]

Its not about entitlement. Its about product. Paying customers pay for a product or service and they expect it to work and be useable. The down time lately has been overdone.

IF you buy a new car do you expect it to need repairs at some point? Yes but every week or twice a week?NO! Same for a game people spend money to play a game we should be able to. Not have it go down several times a week and during the prome time for most peoples play time.

This is just one reason I cancled my sub. I will still be here though as F2P. Then if it goes down I cant copmplain Im not paying for it just using it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Entitlement, that's what it is. People want to have their cake and eat it, which (short of getting a replicator) isn't possible.
Unfortunantly. The vocal gamers are somewhat infamous for having some of the most twisted sense of entitlement known to humanity. If they buy a game, the expect to get everything and anything they want from it at all times. If they don't, it's somehow their duty to rant and rave and complain about it because "I paid money" for it.

So Cryptic does some patches every few days for a week. So what? It's not like you're suddenly going to be missing a whole lot for 2-3 hours of the day. Go talk to your friends, your family. Something. STO isn't such a difficult game that missing a few hours is going to matter.

Heck, I just use the downtime to get some extra sleep somedays, or something. Do I wish the downtime was during sleep? Sure. Does it bother me? A little. Do I honestly care if they're bring the server down to fix, or add things? Hell no.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
for all they affect a few people when they happen) make the game run better for everyone.
Its Europes main gametime... here it will be 19:00 until the customers can play. Sorry man, but thats not right and false planning... dont know any other mmo/rpg that makes such plans...

does that happen often? i mean, i will not subscribe another month, if they going to make that happen more as that two times. why should i pay for a game i cannot play in my choosen time. i will not sit there until night because on day the servers are down...
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Trust me, you can test and test until the cows come home, but you can't work out all the kinks with a system as complex as an MMO until you see how it reacts under production load.
Exactly.

Look at Microsoft. They can send out windows update to fix bugs every week. Even after being tested by a vast team of engineers and testers.
How can you not expect a small company like Cryptic to have the same problems?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We will be bringing down Holodeck on Thursday, December 15th from 7:00AM to 10:00AM PDT (1400 to 1700 UTC) for maintenance.
The maintenance is indeed for Friday, December 16th.

Thanks for the catch!
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldey View Post
Exactly.

Look at Microsoft. They can send out windows update to fix bugs every week. Even after being tested by a vast team of engineers and testers.
How can you not expect a small company like Cryptic to have the same problems?
The reason is that Microsoft works sloppy and incompetent too.
Just to... again... point at Mac... you can like it or not... where systems work stable and permanent updates are simply not needet because someone paid attention to what he did BEFORE.

Its simply a poor excuse for working sloppy by pointing just because someone else works sloppy too.
Closed Thread