Lt. Commander
# 31
12-16-2011, 06:14 AM
ok, so here in 45 minutes then.... just enough time for one more mission!
Lt. Commander
# 32 Insider Information!
12-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Time warp ... They are using a decommissioned NASA shuttle to slingshot around the sun to go back to yesterday to perform server maintenance.
Wha? How did you know? Who told you?

That is classified information sir!
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-16-2011, 06:17 AM
its now 14:18 UTC=UK/England Time or not why server still up ? but its 06:18 PST so maybe corret it
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
The reason is that Microsoft works sloppy and incompetent too.
Just to... again... point at Mac... you can like it or not... where systems work stable and permanent updates are simply not needet because someone paid attention to what he did BEFORE.

Its simply a poor excuse for working sloppy by pointing just because someone else works sloppy too.
But nothing worth using works on a Mac anyway. It's kind of like the virus thing. No one makes a virus for a Mac, because no one cares about those silly, overly expensive things.

For the price of one of those shiny, newfangled Macs, you could've made like 4 PCs. Which would all run more games, and better.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
But nothing worth using works on a Mac anyway. It's kind of like the virus thing. No one makes a virus for a Mac, because no one cares about those silly, overly expensive things.

For the price of one of those shiny, newfangled Macs, you could've made like 4 PCs. Which would all run more games, and better.
Well depends what you consider "worth using".
If you use your computer just for gaming, sure... but everything else works better there. And even windows games can be put to work there, in some cases even better then on windows.

For working, studing ect I have EVERYTHING working on my mac just perfectly.
Hell, I can have that mac running without rebooting then my windows pc without reinstalling the OS.

And BTW, games like Assasins Creed or Sims that HAVE a Mac version are working much more stable THERE then on Windows.
Same for any other software.

But I dont want to make a Mac comercial here, the lack of software is anoying and it IS very expensive.

Neither the price nor the lack of software is the point, the point is that this OS WORKS while windows is crap we are forced to use because it for some software. But Mac prooves that it IS possible to deliver a working OS.

So justyfing Cryptics permanent downtimes with "look at windows they have to patch too", is just incompetece comparing with other incompetence.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-16-2011, 07:03 AM
i remember my snow leo on my macbook was the hell... crash after crash... apple isnt so good anymore and microsft so bad as in windows 95 times.

Quote:
Well depends what you consider "worth using".
If you use your computer just for gaming, sure... but everything else works better there. And even windows games can be put to work there, in some cases even better then on windows.

For working, studing ect I have EVERYTHING working on my mac just perfectly.
Hell, I can have that mac running without rebooting then my windows pc without reinstalling the OS.

And BTW, games like Assasins Creed or Sims that HAVE a Mac version are working much more stable THERE then on Windows.
Same for any other software.

But I dont want to make a Mac comercial here, the lack of software is anoying and it IS very expensive.

Neither the price nor the lack of software is the point, the point is that this OS WORKS while windows is crap we are forced to use because it for some software. But Mac prooves that it IS possible to deliver a working OS.

So justyfing Cryptics permanent downtimes with "look at windows they have to patch too", is just incompetece comparing with other incompetence.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Quote:
~snip
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...0l0l0l0l0ll0l0

Just saying...

I've found that if you want to go make anything web-related... you dont use Mac... As simple as that...

You don't use windows either...

Linux... But only for web...
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-16-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
I have never had a problem with windows. Then again, I am responsible enough to learn how to work the tools I use instead of being a mindless drone who can't do anything when one little thing goes wrong with whatever tool or device they're using. Its the same way with cars: If you're stupid and don't know how to properly use and maintain your car, you pay out the nose to buy cars that are "user friendly" and pay even more out the nose when you have to have a repair man fix it.

Also, Macs have their fair share of problems; The Mac Elitists just avoid getting into that topic altogether.

Additionally, its far easier and cheaper to upgrade a PC, so power users (not just gamers, but CAD, Multimedia editing/encoding, Database work) can get way more for their dollar.
Lt. Commander
# 39 Die!!, pesky BUGS DIE!!!!
12-16-2011, 07:20 AM
Welcome to Season 5
A Call to Maintenance or in search of BUG spray

This is somewhat funny considering they said that they were going to spend a good portion of time to kill all the bugs before it went to Holodeck.

Well, squash away Cryptic…Squash away.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
The thing to remember is :- The servers get maintained / patched at these times because that is when the Boffs at CRYTIC are at work.... DOH...

Yes, it would be nice if once in a while it was done during "european night time", but we cannot expect them to work during "their night time", just so "our" half of the planet gets to play when we want to...

I for one just wish they'd sort out "once & for all", the loading times at most of the "social" zones, ESD, STA, KDF Academy, DS9, Q's Winter "waste of time" Land...

Spending ten (10) minutes staring at a loading screen, only to then get booted off the server for being "inactive", is ******* annoying...

What will happen when the F2Per's arrive, does not bear thinking of....
Closed Thread