Lt. Commander
# 41 Lol
12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Unfortunantly. The vocal gamers are somewhat infamous for having some of the most twisted sense of entitlement known to humanity. If they buy a game, the expect to get everything and anything they want from it at all times. If they don't, it's somehow their duty to rant and rave and complain about it because "I paid money" for it.

So Cryptic does some patches every few days for a week. So what? It's not like you're suddenly going to be missing a whole lot for 2-3 hours of the day. Go talk to your friends, your family. Something. STO isn't such a difficult game that missing a few hours is going to matter.

Heck, I just use the downtime to get some extra sleep somedays, or something. Do I wish the downtime was during sleep? Sure. Does it bother me? A little. Do I honestly care if they're bring the server down to fix, or add things? Hell no.
i could really give 2 sh!ts about down or up time in this game . they have already taken a good share of people to the cleaners( the mark of a good business by the way, is to exploit its customers. and they have done just that).
anyway back to my main point. i would absolutely love more customers like you Krizzlanza, you don't care for the quality of your purchase just that you get to use it once in a while. i have a 1992 ford explorer for sale( if you are interested), sometimes it runs other times not. but i'm sure you would love it. there will be alot of maintainance needed. but you are a forgiving person right. you can purchase it for 14.99 a month or a 5,000 dollar life time fee until such time i determine it is free to drive then it will need alot more down time. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo_87 View Post
Its Europes main gametime... here it will be 19:00 until the customers can play. Sorry man, but thats not right and false planning... dont know any other mmo/rpg that makes such plans...
Didn't they say 17:00 GMT?

The bottom line is they have to do this stuff, and it makes more sense to get it out the way first thing (in their timezone) than have it looming over them all day. What if they power down at noon and then there's a problem at 5 when they fire it back up? Now they've got two choices: pay however many people overtime to fix it, or leave it dead in the water until tomorrow.

I guess you've never played that most highly-rated and successful-by-number-of-subscribers MMO that won the Golden Joystick award this year? They used to have daily downtime of a few hours. Don't know if that's still the case, but it was for a good couple of years.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo

The bottom line is they have to do this stuff, and it makes more sense to get it out the way first thing (in their timezone) than have it looming over them all day. What if they power down at noon and then there's a problem at 5 when they fire it back up? Now they've got two choices: pay however many people overtime to fix it, or leave it dead in the water until tomorrow.

I guess you've never played that most highly-rated and successful-by-number-of-subscribers MMO that won the Golden Joystick award this year? They used to have daily downtime of a few hours. Don't know if that's still the case, but it was for a good couple of years.
"That" MMO has gamers that never speak of those times. They only speak of how "awesomely great" it is and how "all you plebs can't ever compare to our greatness".
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-16-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo

no 17:00 UTC thats 18:00 CET (Central Europe Time) but because its one h wrong by them its 19:00 CET when my Clock in Win shows the PST (Pacific Standart Time) right 7:37 PST = 15:37 UTC = 16:37 CET

it was so bad that i could make the Q Winter Run only after the downtime and then there were to mutch players to do the event fast because you had to wait and wait till you could beginn the run only pressing F fast like hell again and again helped
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I just subscribed and was expecting to be able to play but now I need to wait 3 hours before I can access the game?
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWhispers
I just subscribed and was expecting to be able to play but now I need to wait 3 hours before I can access the game?
Yes nowerdays i find the 30 min downtime at 13:00 everyday my timezone in EVE better then the downtimes here
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-16-2011, 07:41 AM
I actually don't mind the downtime as long as it's being used for bug squashing...
because...well, there's a lot of bugs that need fixing...
Some that have been around for months and have been completely ignored.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
"That" MMO has gamers that never speak of those times. They only speak of how "awesomely great" it is and how "all you plebs can't ever compare to our greatness".
The reason behind that is that the game was such a phenomenon that they had dedicated European servers. The European downtimes were around 9am to midday or 2pm if there was a patch being applied.

STO doesn't have the luxury of international servers and server maintenance teams. Until it does, this is just something we're all going to have to live with.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I actually don't mind the downtime as long as it's being used for bug squashing...
Yeah, it's not like they're turning off the power for fun, people.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Some that have been around for months and have been completely ignored.
Agreed but one of the downtimes last week was this one. Which was the 3rd or 4th one. One of those was hardware maintenance. Just hope we don't get back into the unscheduled maintenance.. that wasn't good. Could be worse.
Closed Thread