Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I've got the MACO Mk XI set with the visuals turned on. I don't quite understand the forum rage over not having a helmet with the Mk XI set. As a practical matter I understand it. If it's supposed to be combat armor then it doesn't make sense to not have your head protected. On the other hand, the MACO Mk XII set looks like an EVA suit. As far as players earning it I don't have a problem with no helmet. The MACO set is supposed to be an end game reward. It's supposed to take a while to get and be extremely rare. The only objection I have is that the drop rate for prototype tech is a little on the stingy side.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-28-2012, 06:29 AM
lol ive stopped farming maco or omega since...EVERYTIME when i got o elite.. ether the team is full of... nubs?

OR .. IF there is somthing to loot.. i NEVER get the good stuff.. i play now ... almost 2 months i guess...and still have no complete maco or omega set...

because it droppes way to rarely..lol

now that the jem hadar set is out i dont need maco anymore.. and since the borg fights bore me alot ( everytime the same thing ) i go only to stf for the dilithiium.. :/

OH AND YES... wtf is with the 1 hour waiting time to make again the STF match?

what if i dislike the "cure and kitomer" things?

i woudl like to see no waiting time for infected...lool
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Ok really ive spent weeks on this to find out theres no helmet???

Whats the friking point then!

What is wrong with you Criptic not only am I spending money in the C-Store and may I point out I was a gold member and I got the Gold edition game disc, but now you only give a half good set!

What is it with PC games and there yearly grinding efforts? I want a game where I can come on get the stuff/set/parts/weapons/whatever in a few days at the most not something that is gona take me years ive been at this for weeks and all I have had so far is one frikin Common... I will say that again "COMMON" PSG tech, I ALREADY HAVE THE COMMON SET!!!

And why dose the Prototype stuff and Rare stuff fall more often in space than in ground all ive had for ground is Encripted Data chips or and thats on very very rare days, rare borg salvage.

None of this salvage is really of any use to me now most of ship equipment is XII and whats with the trade in what if I dont want Dillithum?

So this seems to point out to me that only the few that have nothing else to do with there lives is gona get this set, unless there extremly lucky.

Fix this please!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzrealDragon View Post
Ok really ive spent weeks on this to find out theres no helmet???
Welcome to the "Where's my God damn helmet?" club.
I said the same thing; grinded out 120 EDC and then WTF?!?!?
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
It's a bit BS that the only way you'd know about what gets unlocked is either asking folks or Forum.

Why isn't it documented... anywhere? On item pop-ups, for example: 'this set will unlock a reduced MACO outfit, lacking a helmet' or whatnot.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
And then there's the newer costumes they just released, which requires you to have both the Mark XII set, AND all elite optional (meaning their making something for less than 1% of the games population). Plus there's been leaks of even more costume sets, that will probably also only be available to people who are extremely gorram lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Oh yea this happened to me a few days ago while grindding the dam STF mission, A noob to put it politly came on to STF elite KA, even saying "Ive never done STF befor I have no idea what im doing"

Well first off as you can tell the pros all said you should be on normal not elite, but since she/he was in the game we continued anyway got the opt side quest and went on to kill the big boss.

We all collocted our goodies (Mostly Junk) and what do you guys all think the noob got... only the dam XII prototype armour ¨_¨

And whats even more anoying what do you think she/he said. "Whats this for..." man almost raged at him/her, but in the end just left the room as fast as possible and switched my game off for a few hours.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-28-2012, 03:58 AM
Its not only the lack of the Helmet, wich is bad enough already, its also the lack of the ability to show it on bridge officers.

Also, instead of getting some of the desperatly needet KDF uniforms (or at least some more neutral stuff that can be used on KDF chars) we got even MORE VARIATIONS of the suits wich are already are next to impossible wich are even harder to get.

Don't expect any improovment on that kind of stuff any time soon, the devs are fully aware off all that and simply ignore it. They believe that its ok the way it is.
Really thought that game might get back to the right direction with DStahl beeing back. I was obviously wrong, the only content not tied to c-store is that sh**, wich is broken with no efford to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-03-2012, 09:52 AM
well id say its been a week or so since I last posted in here and if the devs are saying thereís nothing wrong with the STF XII pick ups then they are really trying there best to drive players away.

I have been grinding none stop day in day out (not like I have anything better to do) for these dam parts and still nothing now I would say a normal run for me on elite gets me around 20 EDCs so thatís 10 runs of STF ground missions per day give or take a few mission.

Now Iíve been recently told by other players the XII drops are RNG (Random Number Generator) drops, now tell me, what MMOs still use RNG its an unfair and unreliable system!

Hell I can even point out from this past weeks runs at STF that its unfair that allot of people that already have the XII sets are still getting the drops for XII Parts.

So tell me at what point dose that become fair when people that already have the set/sets and people that donít, donít get any drops whatís so ever?

Really Cryptic stop insisting its fine and working as intended, because its not!

This needs to be changed, thereís only so long someone can keep doing the same thing over and over before it becomes more than annoying.
Lt. Commander
So my question to everyone in this thread is what is are the helmets purpose and why bother grinding for EDCs and Borg Tech to get it. It does practically no good in the battle, heck i see more players with full Xii gear get cut down then me in a full Jem'hadar set which arguably is better by Borg fighting standards. So i rather be a bloodthirsty Jem then a mind numb Clone Trooper that belongs in Republic Commando but that is just me. Still its worthless for the time you put into gathering the goods required to produce a result.