Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31 ??
04-04-2012, 11:11 AM
After spending days grinding for the damn M.A.C.O XI set ... What the heck!

Disappointment after disappointment ..

Cryptic!

why the hell do you keep the helmet only for XII set?!
Why is the drop rate for prototype is so damn low?!
Why is the Borg so damn tough to defeat even with a very good equipment!
Why is ground combat is so damn harder than space?

People have life, family and WORK TO BE ABLE TO SPEND MONEY ON YOUR CRYPTIC STORE!

How annoying and disappointing you guys are..

This is too much...
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-04-2012, 12:20 PM
The drop rate is so low because once you reach VA, there isn't a lot to do. Once you finish your Mark XII set, what else is there to do? Really, what is there? Foundry? PvP? They need a carrot to keep people playing the game, and until they develop new content, this is it. Once you get the Mark XII set, the drive to continue is done and over with. This way, they keep as many people playing as they can.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Hello Cryptic, we are still here! And the topic still exists. Why you don't answer to it or change the damn things your players request?

WE
WANT
THE
FULL
SET.

AT MK XI !!!

Where is the problem for you to change it? Think noone will grind for Mk XII? Its already noone grinding because we are no ****ing china bots to grind all day, we are EU and USA players, we have a life!
Lt. Commander
# 34 End Game?
04-04-2012, 09:35 PM
End game content you say?

Many level 50 newbie out there and they have the same chance of getting the drop when they are just new joiners, have so little information about game basics let alone STF and do not know what to do with these very rare items when received.

You can level up and cap and you will still have A LOT to do excluding this STF feature!

So being an end game content is absolutely no excuse for what they are making us go through. Its just not fair.

Ugggh! Forgot to mention (whine) about the timer/cooldown for the STF to be able to repeat it!
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-05-2012, 02:03 AM
i think i will never own the MKXII ground set.. i am currently working on the space set for months and i only have one part.. those missions are already boring to me after playing it so often.. the ground missions even take much longer and you can fail much easier or you just have the 90% luck of being in a team of noobs and it will just take you forever. i dont wanna wait that long just for a helmet.. seriously, what did they think how much time i would spend for this? and even if they increased the drop rate already.. its almost not noticable.. Of course, there are some people who have more luck (like i had with my MKXI gear that i got quite fast and i have so much borg prototype salvage, that i could equip 3 ships with it already), but being one of those is very rare.. Dont wanna test out if i am one of those.. and facing Armek in the cure is just a pain in the ***
Lt. Commander
# 36 Horrible
04-05-2012, 06:22 AM
They have to do something in regard this issue..am even hesitating to use their cryptic store any more.

This STF feature as it is, a big failure and a huge disappointment for STO's players. I love the game but this STF could be a big turn off for many if not most.

Am sick and tired of repeating the same battle over and over with a very little chance to have a group that knows what to do and much lesser chance to get the very rare drop in ELITE DIFFICULTY!

Please do something about the horrible difficulty and horrible horrible drop rate.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-05-2012, 08:37 AM
i wonder if they put the basic MK XII looks for MK XI since there are other styles out there for the elite accolades.
I think it has been said here many times, but i think the skins for the sets should be bound to them accolades one gets when having completed 50 or more elite STF's.
Do 50 elite stf's, collect atleast MK X maco or omega or KHG and get the skins for the current MK XII version.

People who have completed the bonus objectives on all STF's...Ground and space get the advanced skins.

problem solved, i guess.

PS: We all know it's not going to happen. We need to get STOKED to promote this issue, the show is the only thing they actually take advice from.
Ensign
# 38
08-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Man, gamers are such whiners now a days. Stop all the complaining already. You otice you are complaining because a VERY RARE loot does not drop often enough? Seriously? It's called VERY RARE for a reason! Sheesh. I wish they would bring back old style MMORPGs where it took you 1-2 years to max out your character...would love to see all ou babies cry then