Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Completing the secondary objective, as noted, is harder than completing the actual STF. Everyone should get a reward, and should be a good one.

Completing the STF I get an EDC or two. I'm happy. My secondary rewards are usually something I discard immediately. And it makes no sense. The thing I put in the most effort to get is usually trash, if I get anything at all.

Should be AT LEAST an extra EDC for everyone on the team. And then maybe a random roll for Salvage or a tech drop for one person.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-16-2011, 07:42 PM
agreed, there should be some better system in place for the Need/greed, the drops in general, but more so there should be something better and guarenteed for each character who accomplishes the Bonus. As it stands, most Elite's i get into don't even bother with the bonus because it's just not worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-16-2011, 11:59 PM
But but but... then there would be no reason for you to grind grind grind... hence no reason for you to stick around, hence less chance that you buy somthing from the C-Store.

/sarcasm 0
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Make the two options need or pass, then the the dice roll.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-17-2011, 07:46 AM
im happy with need greed or pass, im sick and tired of never winning the roll for rare borg tech. i work hard in the STF's and never get a reward that reflects it but some guy who to be frank sits back and doesnt progress anything gets all the stuff. i hate it when a bunch of guys just sit back and target never ending enemy that will forever spawn without trying to progress the mission
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Why not give unique rewards for completing the optional. Encourage and reward teamwork. Optionals could have their own currency drops, that you could purchase unique items with. Could include doffs (with anti-borg buffs), boffs, weapons, consoles and even vanity items. That are not obtained via other ingame means.

Doff example

SPACE
Shield Distribution Officer - Space
x% Chance on use of Power to Shields/RSP, increased resistance for x seconds to shield drain/target subsytem shields (including borg).

Damage Control Officer - Space
x% Chance of reducing cooldown on hazard emitters by x%.

Energy Weapons Officer - Space
x% Chance of a triggering a DEM like effect for x seconds.

Security Officer - Space
x% of reducing effectiveness of enemy boarding parties. or increase effectiveness of tactical team.

Maintanance Officer - Space
x% chance to increase damage resistance on use of Aux2Sif, Inertial Dampers.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-17-2011, 11:32 AM
maybe just implement a good old daily for every stf, like that i have a reason to do them every day but just once, and let the reward be a crate that has a chance between ETC, common borg tech, rare salvage and prototype.
Those who want to grind STF's every hour can do so, but with a daily atached it wouldnt feel too much like a grind.

And also whats the deal with the double or tripple rare salvage loot: they dont get rolled seperately if someone wins the roll he gets all 3. Never saw that in an MMO, insane!
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Need or Greed is fine. It works well in many, many other MMOs.

There are often times an item will drop that I think would be a nice upgrade for my BO, but not myself, so isn't really a huge priority for me, but I'd like it if no one else really needs it for themselves. Hence I'll roll greed on those items. With a straight need or pass system, I'd be forced to need on stuff if I want a chance at it, even if it's only a sidegrade or something for a BO.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-17-2011, 04:35 PM
well, therin lies the rub of having casual groupings and (AFAIK) no weighting on your roll based on previous rolls.

If there was some consequence to rolling need on the small stuff when you got to the major loot, that would be better to solve this problem than removing an option

How about this:

when you roll pass, and someone needs or Greeds the loot, you get 10 added to your next roll

If rolls are all Greed/Pass, the Greeders will roll, (Roll bonus may or mey not be considered here)

If there is a Need roll, all NEED rollers will have their bonus positive or negative applied to the roll. a Positive bonus will be reset to zero, a negative bonus will be recieve -10

maybe add an option where if everyone passes an item, everyone gets EC equal to the tooltip value of the item, (IOW 2x what you'd get for needing it and vending it..) so being honest that you just want the item benefits everyone..
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotheus.d View Post
well, therin lies the rub of having casual groupings and (AFAIK) no weighting on your roll based on previous rolls.

If there was some consequence to rolling need on the small stuff when you got to the major loot, that would be better to solve this problem than removing an option

How about this:

when you roll pass, and someone needs or Greeds the loot, you get 10 added to your next roll

If rolls are all Greed/Pass, the Greeders will roll, (Roll bonus may or mey not be considered here)

If there is a Need roll, all NEED rollers will have their bonus positive or negative applied to the roll. a Positive bonus will be reset to zero, a negative bonus will be recieve -10

maybe add an option where if everyone passes an item, everyone gets EC equal to the tooltip value of the item, (IOW 2x what you'd get for needing it and vending it..) so being honest that you just want the item benefits everyone..
This sounds like a good idea to me. But how to implement it game code wise.....