Lt. Commander
# 11
12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
It is a work-in-progress screenshot of an Enterprise-F that has saucer-separation enabled.

If you're curious about specifics beyond art you'll have to ask Gecko.
Do you think you could re-confirm that this is going to be a purely obtainable in-game ship as it was announced as before?
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Looks like a paper plane :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-16-2011, 03:29 PM
the secondary hull is also missing, no deflector glow and there's a gap between the nacelle pylons. its not just missing its saucer
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the secondary hull is also missing, no deflector glow and there's a gap between the nacelle pylons. its not just missing its saucer
I definitely see where the deflector glow is missing, but are you sure that's a gap between the nacelle pylons? Looks more like a black stripe to me. The light spots on it are too uniform to be stars, and the background isn't very star-studded to begin with.

It's strange, though. The nacelle glow makes my eyes bleed (damn you, bloom!) but the impulse engine glow is very muted, and the deflector glow is utterly absent...
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-16-2011, 03:53 PM
*cries the Vesta still isn't available.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-16-2011, 03:59 PM
take another look at the picture and hold down ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel up, that will zoom the picture in. you will see windows that wouldn't otherwise be visible if the whole secondary hull was still there between the pylons. being fully zoomed in you can also see that the whole forward section were the deflector is is completely gone, it should stick out past the necks a fair amount. and you can see the silhouette of the inside of the far neck too, most of the secondary hull is indeed gone.

here's a good pic of the F whole for comparison

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9...isecompare.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
*cries the Vesta still isn't available.

The Star Cruiser is a variation on the Vesta. You might even be able to make it by mixing and matching the correct pieces.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
take another look at the picture and hold down ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel up, that will zoom the picture in. you will see windows that wouldn't otherwise be visible if the whole secondary hull was still there between the pylons. being fully zoomed in you can also see that the whole forward section were the deflector is is completely gone, it should stick out past the necks a fair amount. and you can see the silhouette of the inside of the far neck too, most of the secondary hull is indeed gone.

here's a good pic of the F whole for comparison

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9...isecompare.jpg
I kinda see what you're seeing; it does look like the section there has slid out of place. But I'm still not wholly convinced. My primary reason being, your example lacks the stripes entirely, so it's hard to compare properly.

Look at this screenshot, which is the closest reproduction of the angle from Logan's shot I can find, and has the paintjob. See the row of windows along the stripe? I think that's what we're seeing there. But Logan's pic is a little fuzzy and there's no light source on the back to illuminate the situation, so I can't say for sure.

Alternatively, this angle shows what I'm trying to point out, too. See how the windows along the stripes are similar to the lights we see on the separation pic?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I would really like to see the Vesta class also. Hopefully it's on Logan's to do list once the F is finiished and in our hands.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I would really like to see the Vesta class also. Hopefully it's on Logan's to do list once the F is finiished and in our hands.
I talk to Rademaker pretty often. We'll work it out eventually.