Lt. Commander
# 21
12-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Relax, I'm sure in the next year or so you'll be able to buy the STF sets from the C-store
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-17-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't mind the grind so much...except for the fact that I have 5 max level characters (2 Fed, 3 KDF)...which means that if I want sets for more than one character...I am facing several hundred STF runs....for each character.

sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
I know that there have been plenty of threads dedicated to this subject. But since they are making me grind in game, why not grind on the forums as well.

Enough is enough! I'm not doing another single STF run! It was fun for maybe the first 20 to 30 runs, but now it's just turned into a mindless, endless GRIND! I can't take it anymore. In those thirty or so runs, NOT A SINGLE RARE OR EVEN UNCOMMON BORG TECH HAS DROPPED, FOR ANYONE that I've been grouped with!!!!
Cryptic, please, for the love of (insert deity of preference here) please give us an alternate way to earn the new M.A.C.O gear.

Because in two little word's:

GRINDING SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't know whoever thought that this would be a fun novel way to get gear. Believe me it's not, now I have nothing to do in this game. PVP is so unbalanced it sucks to be you, if you are not on a pre-made team. Not only that, but the only other "END GAME" content that we had has been turned into nothing but a GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND!!!!

Please for the love of(Insert you're deity of choice here) rethink this strategy of your's. Because I'm about at the end of my rope as far as STAR TREK "GRIND" ONLINE is concerned!!

The only two reason's I'm even still here are:
One: I'm a Lifer
Two: I keep hoping in vain that this game will get better.

I was initially really excited for Season 5. The DOFF system showed some promise, but it only took a couple of hours playing around with it to figure out just how shallow it was. There is no feeling, there is no connection to you're DOFF's. My only concern when one dies on a mission is "Crap, now I gotta find another one with those same or similar abilities". Not "Damn I really liked him/her/it, why oh why cruel world did him/her/it have to die?" That's the reaction you should have. The mission completed reported is stale and matter of fact, why not try to embellish on or spruce up that dialogue. Give it some character.

Better wake up Cryptic and tell you're PW overlords that this game is targeted at a Western market and that the Eastern/Asia-P2W P2Grind strategy will most likely fail in a Western market.

P.S.: I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER spend another DIME on a GRAB-BAG from the C-Store. I don't care if you include a guaranteed pic from Lindsey Lohan's Playboy shoot in every bag! Also I swear to(Insert deity of preference here) if the only way to get the new Ent-F class, when it's finally released is to GRIND endlessly the same three missions over and over again. I will never spend another dollar in the C-Store and I will most likely never play this game again.
^ I feel you OP, I haven't even bothered trying the new stf's b/c of how pointless they are now. I got the old borg gear on some of my characters, but, hey..I never needed that gear anyway. STO really needs to try to be different and kill the amount of grind...but sadly we've increased by a lot to mirror our asian mmo overloads.

Maybe one day Crytpic will try to reflect Star Trek in STO, but until then, all I can think of is being with friends on STO to just hang out and have fun (pending if any friends haven't left), or take small brekas. Also OP, don't let rude posters get to you, they will always be those jerks in any MMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Lol! haven't play'd many MMO's have you?

Your post sucks, nothing like a wall of text that forces me to grind (read), to make a point. Oh the Irony.....

One last thing, Grind is play, if you aren't anal about what you have.
^ Your manners are horrid, do you ever post a constructive reply? The OP is just saying that he have grind-overload...what's wrong with the TRUTH. And hey...if you didn't like this thread in the first place...why did you bother to troll post here?
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-17-2011, 09:15 AM
*weird double post
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Can I haz your Prada gear ? :p

No? lol

10 char
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
At what point do we stop molly coddling a development team that just doesn't seem to get it.

Some of
When we cease to be caring human beings and think of ourselfs as super elite. When you have been in a job where your flammed to complemented ratio is 10/1, you may understand where I come from. Until then, you have your opinions on how best to get the game changed and I have mine.

Matt

PS - this is the last I will say on the matter. Nothing else I can say or do will change anyones opinion. Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Why is it when people point out the obvious or factual, they're labeled as trolls, or as brainless Cryptic supporters?

Seriously all MMOs are about grinding. STO isn't doing anything new, other then making the grind more obvious my making it really easy to start doing it. There isn't an MMO out there that isn't going to make you do nothing but repeat the same missions/quests at the end of the game, to get the best stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
Please feel free to ignore me if you wish but I never attack anyone because it has been done to me before in a different game forum and the Mods did NOTHING!

Though I have been smart-alecky a time or two, this is not one of those times. There is an old but VERY true saying that ďyou can attract more flies with honey than vinegar.Ē To the OP, I understand your complaint and I agree with you to a point. However, I do have the following advice to give to the community at large.
  • Do you [the STO subscribers] want change? Then offer it up as constructive criticism. Explain why you donít like something and give the reasons (not just I donít like it or itís a grind now). Once you explain it then offer any suggestions.
  • Do you [the STO subscribers] think that the Dev team will read a post that whines about something without offering suggestions? I know that I donít and I worked in Tech Support for over 8 years and I have been chewed out a dozen times over for decisions made by management.

I try to stay on the forums as much as I can during the day and offer some words of wisdom that I have gained from my 36 years on this planet. Take my words for what itís worth, ignore me if you wish, or just pretend that blowing up always solves the problem. Think of it this way, when a warp core is breached, then the explosion takes out the ship.

Matt
At what point do we stop molly coddling a development team that just doesn't seem to get it.

Screaming is a bit of a last resort. But I understand why the OP is upset.

While I gripe, I also give these nincompoops lots of money. I think that as a customer who spends quite a bit of money, that it would be wise for Cryptic to listen to me. Do they?

They sure don't seem to. All I hear are a bunch of excuses why things didn't happen.

I'll also tell you this...I was abused by a bunch of cryptic fanbois around here when I dared to call this game pay2win back in August. I was lambasted and raked over the coals for darin g to call a spade a spade. So I don't have any patience with such nincompoops. I called it, and it all came true, and those same nincompoops who called me a liar for saying thsi game was becoming a pay2win game, are now embracing pay2win like it was meant to be all along.

The number of flip flops and backstabbings around here doesn't surprise me in the least.

After all, evil and corruption starts at the top, where the power resides. We only have the developer's behavior to blame for fostering such a culture.

Where is the steady, assured, measured growth of the game?

It doesn't exist. And no posturing or polishing of horta excrement will make it any more palatable.

In my mind Cryptic has just two months to prove that they aren't the money grubbing cash grabbers that I perceive them to be. If they don't get us some new content by march, then they've proven themselves to be completely inept and incompetent.

I'd like some new content. I'm tired of the cstore grab of my dollars.

Too bad for cryptic that I'm now raking in dilithium like mad, and that soon I will never have to purchase cpoints ever again. I've spent nearly $1100 in the last two years here. Man, I'm just obsessed!
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Don't expect any of these mugs to give you any slack. Any time a person gets furiously angry with Cryptic, smart alecs storm their post and taunt them to leave or mock them, just as has been done to you.

And to top it off, Cryptic doesn't care. About you, this post, what anger they raise in people. They chuckle at you just like the people who storm and troll your thread.

So I suggest you that you put every wise acre in this post on ignore. Because every one of them who mocked you and was snide to you is a troll.

I understand your frustration. I've spent over a grand on Cryptic in the last two years. They've promised an awful lot, but have only made the game change to suit their own ends, not ours. They say they are responsive to players, but it took three patch cycles for them to fix a problem they reintroduced with S5 from February 2010.

As Slick Willie used to say, I feel your pain.

You should, however, try to refrain from bleeding in the water around here, because as the above posts show, a bunch of nasty, evil-minded lurkers are swimming close to the surface, waiting to bite your passionate arse for daring to complain.

Don't you know? You've got to like the rasher of doo doo you've been given, you are not allowed to complain or the lurkers will attack you,

To any decent person reading these posts, scan the above posts and if you think that the response was uncalled for, put the person on ignore, and do the same in the game. Once we ignore all the rude, insufferable, high and mighty, we will be much better off.
Well said good sir well said!!

+100 internets to you.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
I'll also tell you this...I was abused by a bunch of cryptic fanbois around here when I dared to call this game pay2win back in August.
I am sorry that this happened to you.

Matt
Closed Thread