Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
12-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
When we cease to be caring human beings and think of ourselfs a super elite. When you have been in a job where your flammed to complemented ratio is 10/1, you may understand where I come from. Until then, you have your opinions on how best to get the game changed and I have mine.

Matt

PS - this is the last I will say on the matter. Nothing else I can say or do will change anyones opinion. Live long and prosper.
All feedback is important and non trivial.

I do not consider myself a super elite anything. I consider myself a consumer of a product that I want to work better. I also consider myself a person who is fed up with the excuses around here. I also don't think that snobs should tell the OP that their frustrated post is worth flaming and trolling.

You don't have to tell me you are done talking to me. You can just stop. But what did you do? You slammed the door on the conversation, basically saying that the conversation was over. Sort of a polite way of telling me to not talk to you.

Well gee thanks buddy, you started talking directly to me first. I didn't even get a response in before you had the nerve to say the conversation was over.

Maybe I should have taken your advice and ignored you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
The only thing i do not see happening is that i will get the Mk XII sets on any of my 7 Chars... which sucks.

But honestly, those STF's are out for a few weeks now, did anybody expect to have the Elite Sets by now?

Heck there aren't even proper guides out for the Elite STF's.

And i am pretty sure that Cryptic will keep tweaking them to a point where they are doable.

Just wait for the F2P folks to hit the Servers,
when 80% of the normal STF's fail they will have to bring down the difficulty and tweak the optionals to be actually doable by PuGs!


If oldschool players are angry about this stuff, just wait till this is a reason for F2P users to ragequit.
F2P players will not put up with it either.

I play WoW and am a hardcore raider.I can go into raids with my guild and within a few weeks have a full tier gear set for my tank.The reason I do not mind that kind of grind is I know that there is another expansion coming and/or more end game content coming that will need that gear I get.There is always a next tier to start working toward.There is an actual goal I can set for myself.

I can go into PVP and in a few hours get a full set of the latest PVP gear again knowing that gear will be needed for the next season of PVP.

STO on the other hand has no reason to make me even want to do a useless grind for gear that is not needed for the current content and no sign any is coming any time soon that will need it either.

I do not mind a grind if I have a reason to need to do it.STO does not give me any reason to do it.
I do not need the gear as there is no next tier of STF or any new expansion coming that needs it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
12-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
If oldschool players are angry about this stuff, just wait till this is a reason for F2P users to ragequit.
An astute observation and something I had only partially considered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
12-17-2011, 09:57 AM
I was not looking to change yours or anyone elses opinions. That is why I added the PS. I am not leaving the door closed but I am not going to try to force my "fan boy" or "what ever I might be called" ideas on anyone. Engaging in a debate is fine but it normally brings out the worst in people on the internet. This is why I just state my opinion and leave because if I really wanted a dead heat, polar opposite view, I would debate with my wife who is a different polical party than I am.

Yes, all feedback is important. I never said anything about NOT submitting feedback. I was just suggesting that instead of RAGE posts, posters could offer reasons. If your reason is that this is turning into a Asian MMO grindfest, then that is a reason. Furthermore, there is no instead of this, can we do that.

I started with you because your post mentioned people attacking the OP. If you feel that I was attacking you directly, I am sorry as that was never my intention. I just wanted to take the words you typed and say "Hey, here is my thought. If you don't like it, you can ignore me" as you had said.

I have learned through great personal struggles that once someones mind is made up, no words can sway him/her. I also am not one to try to force my beliefs (personal or otherwise) on anyone as I respect their beliefs and opinions. I can suggest things but I am not going to tell you that you are wrong and I am right.

Anyway, I would love to call you a friend Superluminous even if our opinions on the subject matter are different.

Matt
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
12-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth

I do not mind a grind if I have a reason to need to do it.STO does not give me any reason to do it.
I do not need the gear as there is no next tier of STF or any new expansion coming that needs it.
This^

As it is, there is little to no incentive to grinding.

Frankly, I'm enjoying the DOFF system. I'm raking in ahuge amount of items and resources.

Doffs rake in loot faster than I can anyway (I cycle through my seven characters and get them all to get jobs going as often as I can).

Since S5 launch I've taken a newbie kdf to max lvl and 2 fresh lt cmdr feds to max level just by logging in three times a day and ordering all my toons to send doffs on missions.

I have to say though, I am confused. I thoguht they wanted to slow down progression speed?

OH they meant the speed you can buy gear.............

I can now max level a character in less than a week, once I hit LT8, just with the doff system. Gear?

I can buy dilithium or get it from my alts...so max gear is no problem. I can give a newb character 5000 cp of dilithium any time I want.

Tell me again how they were trying to slow down progression.......

Didn't Stormshade have a real long interview with Priority One about the need to slow down?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
12-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
I was not looking to change yours or anyone elses opinions. That is why I added the PS. I am not leaving the door closed but I am not going to try to force my "fan boy" or "what ever I might be called" ideas on anyone. Engaging in a debate is fine but it normally brings out the worst in people on the internet. This is why I just state my opinion and leave because if I really wanted a dead heat, polar opposite view, I would debate with my wife who is a different polical party than I am.

Yes, all feedback is important. I never said anything about NOT submitting feedback. I was just suggesting that instead of RAGE posts, posters could offer reasons. If your reason is that this is turning into a Asian MMO grindfest, then that is a reason. Furthermore, there is no instead of this, can we do that.

I started with you because your post mentioned people attacking the OP. If you feel that I was attacking you directly, I am sorry as that was never my intention. I just wanted to take the words you typed and say "Hey, here is my thought. If you don't like it, you can ignore me" as you had said.

I have learned through great personal struggles that once someones mind is made up, no words can sway him/her. I also am not one to try to force my beliefs (personal or otherwise) on anyone as I respect their beliefs and opinions. I can suggest things but I am not going to tell you that you are wrong and I am right.

Anyway, I would love to call you a friend Superluminous even if our opinions on the subject matter are different.

Matt
Matt,

A talking point has the ability to offer up information or thought processes that can change a person's opinion. While I cannot stand a flip flopper, I wholeheartedly feel that in order to grow as a person, you must be willing to at least hypothesize an alternative to one's own ideas.

Because typing is far less natural than talking, many people boil down their ideas to the critical points, hoping that the intelligent among us, can read between the lines. I enjoy these kinds of posts, because the writer takes for granted that I am intelligent enough to get them.

A problem arises when the above statement is not taken into account when a frustrated, dramatic post is presented to the group.

What I believe the biggest problem with flaming or anger around here is people who try to save time by not fully expressing their thoughts, often inviting the troll who refuses to see that what is not said is as important as what is said. Tempers flare, trolls delight in the fury they raise, moderators blame both sides.

If you become my friend out of this, I would not be surprised. Many a good friendship comes out of two people butting heads. I would however wish to warn you than I am a person who speaks his mind and is very opinionated. I'm also suffer little patience with fools.

Lets look at this in a different perspective;

I lost my right eye in an explosion in Iraq. I've seen some of the most horrifying and disgusting things that human beings have ever done to other human beings. Because of these experiences, I don't think that anyone should hold back.

It is important to note that explosive outburts are group lessons, just as much as they are important life lessions to the individual.

While Cryptic may or may not deserve anger for the direction they have taken, I know that it is critical that they understand the depth of the seriousness of their member's thoughts on the matter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
12-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Superlumious,

My wife has told me that for most things I want, I have the patience of a saint being boiled alive. It's the things I dont want or care for that I dont have any patience (go figure ). So does that make me a flip flopper?

Matt
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
12-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Lol! haven't play'd many MMO's have you?

Your post sucks, nothing like a wall of text that forces me to grind (read), to make a point. Oh the Irony.....

One last thing, Grind is play, if you aren't anal about what you have.
For someone as knowledgeable of the business as you are, It's puzzling that you choose not to follow the basics of forum etiquette, "not to be insulting to other players", when delivering you words of wisdom.
It's curious someone so obviously intellectual and learned as you, would be setting such an example for the rest of us.
Is this how you will be responding to the new players when and if they raise similar concerns? How will you ever find the time to play then?

I've been following your previous posts, (call me a fan), and I'll tell you this, for all you efforts on their behalf, I seriously hope Cryptic is slipping you a little something extra in your stipend.........

To disagree with someone's comments is one thing. to attack another poster outright is another. I'm really quite surprised and a little curious as to why you have been allowed to continue for so long..... roll eyes, roll eyes, roll eyes - ad nauseum
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMiracle
Superlumious,

My wife has told me that for most things I want, I have the patience of a saint being boiled alive. It's the things I dont want or care for that I dont have any patience (go figure ). So does that make me a flip flopper?

Matt
No, but it makes sense.

You intrinsicly understand that anything worth having is worth waiting for, while simultaneously believing that trivial things should not take the reinvention of the wheel in order to occur.

To be honest, I beleive that most people feel the same way. Many of us, however, get skewed in how we apply this rule to a particular thing, depending on our personal mores, values, and ability to accept an unfair or unjust situation.

Straight up, Society tells me to behave, act straight, treat others fairly and justly, to obey the law as an extension of society, and to value the life of all people. As a caveman living in a sociiety, I obey these rules and do my best to adhere to the unwritten rules of how to conduct myselves in this veneer of civilzation thast took the caveman out of the cave, but not the caveman out of the man. I am told if I do all the things that are expected of me, that I will succeed in life.

So here we are, cavemen who obey the rules, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is simple cooperation.

So when something unfair or unjust occurs with the one thing that we splurge on, the one little personal sin we indulge in, the one thing tied to one of the biggest IPs of all time, we get bent out of shape. "We do the right thing, why can't they?" groupthink takes over and many people freak out.

Am I worse than those that explode for reasons they don't understand but I obviously see? I have no idea.

What I do know is that I have an inate sense of right and wrong. The OP's frustration is tangible and cuts to the quick on many levels. While little different from many other posts, it has its value, and such opinions hold merit.

I've been ready to go shopping with my wife, she has been getting reeady for like, the last hour. At least I didn't fall asleep! I'll catch you later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
12-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
For someone as knowledgeable of the business as you are, It's puzzling that you choose not to follow the basics of forum etiquette, "not to be insulting to other players", when delivering you words of wisdom.
It's curious someone so obviously intellectual and learned as you, would be setting such an example for the rest of us.
Is this how you will be responding to the new players when and if they raise similar concerns? How will you ever find the time to play then?

I've been following your previous posts, (call me a fan), and I'll tell you this, for all you efforts on their behalf, I seriously hope Cryptic is slipping you a little something extra in your stipend.........

To disagree with someone's comments is one thing. to attack another poster outright is another. I'm really quite surprised and a little curious as to why you have been allowed to continue for so long..... roll eyes, roll eyes, roll eyes - ad nauseum
I just love this post. It made me go look at M's other posts.

All I can say is, "Wow"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 AM.