Lt. Commander
# 1 Banned from Chat - Why
12-17-2011, 11:44 AM
For 20 Minutes I've send an recruting massege for my fleet in zone-chat. One person called me spamer and now I'm band from Chat and PM's. Why this. Why does some guys do this holly ****? What mechanic is after the bann from Chat?

I can not understand, why some perosns do this. It's realy realy sad to see this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt.Krell
For minutes I've send an recruiting message for my fleet in zone-chat.
This constitutes as spamming. No single chatter is able to ban you from posting. Thus, you repeating fleet advertising must have annoyed a number of people, apparently enough to earn you a 24 hour ban.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 11:55 AM
several people have to report you as a spammer to get silenced for a period of time.

how many times did you advertise your fleet. once, twice, more?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2011, 12:01 PM
today for only one time. And the other times too. I don't understand, why people say, that I'm Spammer, why I advertise my fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
several people have to report you as a spammer to get silenced for a period of time.

how many times did you advertise your fleet. once, twice, more?
It should be noted that, from what I've heard, there's also an automated system in place where if you repeat the same message a certain number of times with a certain frequency that you get auto-silenced. So I don't even think you need people to report you if you're spamming enough.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Because several people, myself included (though I had no part in your banning), find fleet recruitment messages to be rude and annoying.

I mean, are you really surprised at this, when you had to have been repeating the same message multiple times in chat?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Because several people, myself included (though I had no part in your banning), find fleet recruitment messages to be rude and annoying.

I mean, are you really surprised at this, when you had to have been repeating the same message multiple times in chat?
Quote:
today for only one time. And the other times too. I don't understand, why people say, that I'm Spammer, why I advertise my fleet.
Lol 1 time is repeating.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
Lol 1 time is repeating.
Quote:
For minutes I've send an recruiting message for my fleet in zone-chat.
He's done it for minutes that means over and over and over and there's no stopping it.

This banning is implemented for a reason and based on that description, the punishment was deserved.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Isn't there a "find a fleet" tool in the game that is supposed to fulfill this function?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
For Minutes

Quote:
today for only one time.
So, which was it?

It probably wasn't you considering when you posted, but a few hours ago I clicked report on somebody recruiting for their fleet. They were doing it in ESD, and according to zone chatter also did it at SFA and Sol orbit. They were posting, changing zones, and posting again, apparently not realizing that zone chat spans instances.