Lt. Commander
# 91
12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt.Krell
today for only one time. And the other times too. I don't understand, why people say, that I'm Spammer, why I advertise my fleet.
Not gonna Lie, Personally i HATE Zone Recruiting over and over, So i imagine if I do...several others do to.
I have never seen JUST ONE message. Which would be Cool and Nice, but you always hear the same message several times in just as few minutes....thats spam.
Lt. Commander
# 92
12-28-2011, 01:49 AM
If you are posting about your fleet, sure whatever... but if I see it again, I will report it as much as I can.

If you want to recruit, then help people on missions, talk to them, and work with them. DON'T throw worthless post in chat or request at people.

I also report people as spam when they talk about sex, religion, politics in the chat room for an hour or more... I've seen people Spam their personal beliefs in chat for HOURS.... almost a whole day in fact...

preaching about your fleet or about other non-sense is not welcome and will reported as such.
Lt. Commander
# 93
12-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Because several people, myself included (though I had no part in your banning), find fleet recruitment messages to be rude and annoying.

I mean, are you really surprised at this, when you had to have been repeating the same message multiple times in chat?
I won't classify them as RUDE, a slight annoyance yes, but RUDE seems a bit too elitist for my taste, and it borders on arrogance. I don't mind a brief recruitment message as long as its brief.

(Note not stating that you're an arrogant person or an elitist, just commenting in general)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
Isn't there a "find a fleet" tool in the game that is supposed to fulfill this function?
Here is the crux of the problem, it does exist but hardly used or noticable - I recommend Cryptic creating a console near the exchange or Bank area labeled Fleet Recruitment. This will help new players and the expected F2P base to have access to this information.

Heck I don't mind an extra console in my ship bridge either in my ready room or lounge as an active fleet recruitment console (That is if I am not aligned to a Fleet). If I am aligned, then let the console be deactivated.

Fleets can then post detail info like websites, recruitment policy, and contact info, that way players freely choose which fleet is the most desirable for them. Then stricter ban chat policy can be implemented since there will be no excuse.

They have to make the console clearly visible for everyone to view. This can be setup on all major Starbases.

Unfortunately; the Space part is the tough part, so chat recruitment may be allowed there. Though recently I have seen less of that type of recruitment - Just watch out for the Ninja Fleet invites