Lt. Commander
# 1 Idea: 2nd set of ship weapons
12-17-2011, 01:15 PM
In some missions you have to fight two or more enemies types on space, I think it would b usefull to have a second set of weapons, like you have on ground, to switch with hotkey "z".
Cryptic Devs could also create some missions where this hability would be in use, like fighting borgs on space and they adapting to your weapons too(if they do it at ground why not in space?)
You could make damage for your weapons higher for the first hit, they enemy would adapt and reduce damage and you would have to change your set.

Just an idea to improve gamming experience.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Interesting, but it would go against Trek having ships replace their entire arsenal with a flip of a switch.

(TBH, its rather silly players can replace their shields and warp cores out of battle outside of a shipyard refit).
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 01:32 PM
It doesn't seem right to do that....

You can't just instantly remount new weapons when you feel like it.. on the ground you can carry 2 weapons and switch between them because it's something you would be able to actually do.

It just seems wrong.

Just carry extra weapons and mount them when there is no fighting if you want to, same effect
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2011, 01:43 PM
One thing that I'd like is the ability to target two enemies at the same time - for cruisers loaded up with beams that'd be great!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisPrime View Post
One thing that I'd like is the ability to target two enemies at the same time - for cruisers loaded up with beams that'd be great!
Fire at Will

Instead of switching weapons, how about a remodulate for ships weapons. That has been done in the shows before while battling Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
Fire at Will

Instead of switching weapons, how about a remodulate for ships weapons. That has been done in the shows before while battling Borg.
Could work, or perhaps a bar that runs over your console, if u have the right sincro you may cause an extra damage to your foes. Something we might use to make battles more interesting than just wait to recharge and hit button.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I like the idea of remodulating beam weapons, but not "switching" between two types. Starships didn't carry different types of interchangeable beam weapons. However, I think it would be a good idea to have switchable torpedo types. Starships routinely carried various torpedo types. Right now I carry mainly Quantums, but usually have to save a slot if I want the Har-peng or the Breen cluster. Thus I have to carry less Quantums. If I could switch a couple of slots during battle that would be pretty cool. I also agree with the person who said about being able to switch out engines, and shields on the fly isn't realistic. The devs should do away with this ability to change any consolest on the fly and make you at least have to stop by ESD, K-7, DS9 to SB-39. Heck even stopping by the Andoria and Vulcan to make the changes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
Fire at Will
Fire at Will's lame - I want to be able to lock on to 2 (or more!) ships and keep firing 'til they're dead
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-17-2011, 05:32 PM
That would be cool, but I think a select few would sream OP
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG62
I like the idea of remodulating beam weapons, but not "switching" between two types. Starships didn't carry different types of interchangeable beam weapons. However, I think it would be a good idea to have switchable torpedo types. Starships routinely carried various torpedo types. Right now I carry mainly Quantums, but usually have to save a slot if I want the Har-peng or the Breen cluster. Thus I have to carry less Quantums. If I could switch a couple of slots during battle that would be pretty cool. I also agree with the person who said about being able to switch out engines, and shields on the fly isn't realistic. The devs should do away with this ability to change any consolest on the fly and make you at least have to stop by ESD, K-7, DS9 to SB-39. Heck even stopping by the Andoria and Vulcan to make the changes.
Maybe not /that/ crazy. I'd settle for just being able to only swap out those things in sector space, so you can't actually change anything mid-battle/mid-mission.

Still, I can see your reasoning though.