Lt. Commander
# 11
12-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReservedWolf View Post
get the last of the entourage before speaking with the Ambassador proper, have bugged it (the ingame ticketing system doesn't appear to work fully, it used to but I can't see the current tickets I have) and am currently attempting the 5th before finally giving up for ever

update...tried talking to the Diplomat first, no engage dialogue or interact bubble, went to the Ambassador, initiated the protocol...read the dialogues and they don't make sense either...it appears a summation from an earlier post may indeed be correct...that the system is being overhauled; my advice...leave Jiro be, do The stuff that comes up in Orellius Sector and use the DOff diplomacy system to concentrate on ranking up.

agreed. The DOFF system is working better than I imagined. Very close to ambassador. But I wanted to do the mission for the fun of it and not for a measly 20 pts.

I really do hope the system will be revamped. Perhaps a good storyline... And more xp. Like 1kxp.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-21-2011, 09:52 PM
I still have the bug where Jiro isn't offereing ANY First Contact missions to my Tier 3 Diplomatic xcharacter. (It's been this way since Season 4 launched back in July) - /bigged it ,many a time, but just stopped as it was obvious to me Cryoptic seemed to have no interest in fixing it these past 5 months.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-23-2011, 07:11 PM
any word from the devs regarding this? Or should I cross my fingers with the hope of a revamped system?

I made lvl 4 last night so its all for fun from here.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Two so far...
12-28-2011, 05:40 AM
I'm in the conference room with diplomatic staff and I can't speak to the diplomat (the pattern seems that you have an attache, diplomat, and envoy that you need to speak with) But both of my missions have had the diplomat unaccessable. I'm about to drop it and try another but I just wanted to share so everyone knows it isn't isolated.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-28-2011, 06:33 AM
[QUOI too am repeatedly seeing this bug - any fix in sight yet?

TE=JohnStreutker;3924332]I'm in the conference room with diplomatic staff and I can't speak to the diplomat (the pattern seems that you have an attache, diplomat, and envoy that you need to speak with) But both of my missions have had the diplomat unaccessable. I'm about to drop it and try another but I just wanted to share so everyone knows it isn't isolated.[/quote]
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Yup, same here, reported it a few days ago. Couldn't speak to the first diplomat.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Same thing here. I tried a few, same problem with them all. I reported the problem and I stopped doing them. Hopefully, we'll be able to do them again in a few months.

Happy New Year all.
Lt. Commander
# 18 same problem
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM
this is the second time im trying a first contact mission. I cant interact with the diplomat at all. I opened a ticket few days ago but i started to doubt that there is someone reading tickets or trying to fix bugs in the game. I am a lifetime subscriber, if i knew the company wouldnt care about this game this badly i wouldnt buy it....
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
It is probably on their list to fix, but I doubt it's a high priority. Annoying, but there are plenty of other things to do.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-07-2012, 01:56 AM
The missions have been fixed. And there is a new script.

It appears I answered everything correctly. The reward is as follows:

75 Diplomatic Xp
250 Bridge Officer
30 Bridge Officer

Beats 15 xp...

no dilithium reward though, just xp.

It was enjoyable. I don't really NEED the missions now because I'm level 4 diplo now, but it's still fun.

Thank you Cryptic.