Lt. Commander
# 1 Doffs
12-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Ok so I been looking for some simple info on doffs and I really cant find all that much...I log in and Im blasted with doffs (2 green, the rest are common) and my skills are at zero...I didnt not like this....then I saw they made it so I can fly any ship and not need to respec, so I was happy....ANY way, Doffs...

Are doffs like BO in that I need prurple ones to be worth a darn?

What specifically does a purple bo do better then a common one or a green one.

How do I get purple BO, other then the C store.

How often will they die

Im sorry if all this has been said before, but no where have I seen the essentials laid out, its wall of text or it doesnt have any real info.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Greens, Blues, and Purples will USUALLY have better traits for their job, but not always. The only real advantage is they add a flat bonus to success and increase the rewards. I think purple quality is +10% success/+20% quality?

So while green and above helps, some of the whites might have better traits.

And on the topic of BOs... I'm still using all my starting ones even at Vice Admiral...
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Press Esc, click Chat Settings, Channels tab and type DOFFJOBS to join the DOff discussion channel.

Also The Duty Officer Event is Live (Read more and you'll get a free purple DOff).
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-17-2011, 11:10 PM
really? I must have my purple BOs having the extra edge is great, I always look for just the right skill selection...

so other then me getting a reward, or the quality of the reward, does a doff in any other way effect my ship or my ground pvp/pvm experience and if so how would a common or purple rare doff change that
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-17-2011, 11:22 PM
You don't need purple doffs, and probably won't have many for a while. But with some white or green doffs, you can still be successful as long as you pick assignments that fit them well.

You can do lots of assignments with about any doff, but you'll have a good chance of success on each assignment if you only pick the ones which your officers improve the chances on. Look for the traits and professions listed on the assignment. Try to get the blue and green parts of the circle as big as you can.

You can only lose the white doffs, the others just go to sickbay. Assignments have a 'risk' listed on the description, so you can avoid the higher-risk ones if you don't want to lose officers. Only using your officers in situations when the chance of success is high will also reduce your losses.

So, be selective, and keep checking out Starfleet Academy for recruitment missions, and you'll be increasing your commendation xp and filling out your roster in no time. As you get higher quality officers, they will make it easier to increase your chance of success, but they're not required for getting use out of the system.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post
really? I must have my purple BOs having the extra edge is great, I always look for just the right skill selection...

so other then me getting a reward, or the quality of the reward, does a doff in any other way effect my ship or my ground pvp/pvm experience and if so how would a common or purple rare doff change that
Doffs can only affect ground or space combat by putting them on your 'active duty' list. They all have their possible effects listed on their description, so you can figure out if those effects would be worth it to you. Higher qualities (purples) often have higher effects or just higher probabilities of triggering their effect.

Overall, doffs don't have the most profound effects, usually somewhat subtle. It's unlikely you'll be able to tell for sure if someone you're playing with is using doff effects or not. But they can make some parts of your playstyle work noticeably better, it's just something you'll have to try out for yourself and see how much you notice the improvements.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenizenVI
You don't need purple doffs, and probably won't have many for a while. But with some white or green doffs, you can still be successful as long as you pick assignments that fit them well.

You can do lots of assignments with about any doff, but you'll have a good chance of success on each assignment if you only pick the ones which your officers improve the chances on. Look for the traits and professions listed on the assignment. Try to get the blue and green parts of the circle as big as you can.

You can only lose the white doffs, the others just go to sickbay. Assignments have a 'risk' listed on the description, so you can avoid the higher-risk ones if you don't want to lose officers. Only using your officers in situations when the chance of success is high will also reduce your losses.

So, be selective, and keep checking out Starfleet Academy for recruitment missions, and you'll be increasing your commendation xp and filling out your roster in no time. As you get higher quality officers, they will make it easier to increase your chance of success, but they're not required for getting use out of the system.
Are you certain green and higher DOFFs can't be killed? I'm sure if you selected one in, say, Execute for Incompetence, you'd lose them. It could just be the higher grade ones have a lesser chance to die on High/Extreme risk missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2011, 01:14 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...77#post3901177

That will tell you pretty much everything you need to know. Make sure you sign up to DOFFJOBS chat channel.