Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek 2009 Skin?
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
would it be possible to get a skin of the new Enterprise for our Constitution class ships? The new look has grown on me recently, and i'd thought it be nice to fly something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Cryptic doesn't have the rights to use anything from the 2009 movie.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-13-2011, 10:01 PM
shame. o well. worth asking. thx.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivyn13
shame. o well. worth asking. thx.
Try the Exeter, its pretty close in looks....
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Also have to consider it's from a different timeline entirely so I don't think it would fit in. Unfortunately means we can't have the Aventine either :p.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Please god no.

I prefer the destroyed version of it drifting lifeless though space on my loading screen 8P
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Please god no.

I prefer the destroyed version of it drifting lifeless though space on my loading screen 8P
Just when I thought it was not possible for you to rock any more than you do:p

(I actually had a ton of fun at the theater with the JJ movie -- but I have to agree 100% to being nothing but relieved to hear that this is a non-issue thanks to the lack of rights protecting us from ever seeing that universe cross over with the STO universe. Part of why I fell in love with STO is that by charting a course for the main Trek time line, carrying the baton so to speak for the main line while the JJverse does it's own thing on the big screen, -- the fact that STO was here carrying the mantle made me much more at peace with and able to enjoy the JJ thing for what it is -- as long as it stays 'over there' and lets me have my STO in peace

Sorry, that got convoluted. It's hard to concentrate with that much cosplay win in the thread
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3822 View Post
Also have to consider it's from a different timeline entirely so I don't think it would fit in. Unfortunately means we can't have the Aventine either :p.
Well as many many many many many many others like to point out so is the Gal X. And if you are talking about Dax's ship then we certainly can have it in game. Calhoun is in the game and he's books only.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
In terms of 'pure cannon' the JJ verse is an official alternate time line which would be just as valid (from a fictional cannon POV) as any other 'alternate reality' (e.g. The Mirror Verse).

In terms of RL, how Paramount is marketing the JJverse, the current plans for new material from the Stat Trek franchise, the JJ verse is, for practical intents and purposes, in effect a separate franchise. The technicality of it's being a dimension branching off of the same universe was a clever way to try and lesson the blow to hard core fans and pay respect to the history of the franchise, but the end goal is where we are now. It was to get us to a place where Paramount and JJ can do whatever they want with a 'whole new' Star Trek that gets to make use of all the the big features of the TOS IP, without having to make any effort continue trying to adhere to the cannon as they move forward with the franchise (with the 'pilot' movie and it's ties to the regular universe out of the way).

The whole point of the film and even the point of the particular way in which they tied it to the main cannon, was so that the new JJ verse could have to freedom to be wholly 'other' from 'your Fathers Trek'.

There is now a 'wall of separation'* marking the departure of the JJverse from the regular cannon, and may that never the two should meet again.

Make it so.

*the phrase 'wall of separation' is misused all the time anyway so I didn't think anyone would mind if I did it here:p
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim3822 View Post
*cries 2345789