Lt. Commander
# 21
12-19-2011, 06:08 AM
I so dread even touching these missions thanks to my Noobness in how to do them and the penalty for "failing" which seems to be everyone bails and everyone gets a penalty when none of the optionals get completed.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Don't PUG...

Do PUEG (Pick Up Experienced Group)...

Via the EliteSTF channel.

P.S. This also happened to me when I couldn't find a PUEG and tried a PUG team instead, never again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I so dread even touching these missions thanks to my Noobness in how to do them and the penalty for "failing" which seems to be everyone bails and everyone gets a penalty when none of the optionals get completed.
What we need is a reputation score like XBOX Live. Every time you complete an STF, it adds to your score, every time you complete an STF after failing the optional objective, you get a further 10% boost to that score. You lose points for pulling out, and you lose more if you jump ship after the optional objective fails.

When I look at the queue, not only should it have a listing of available STFs, it should list the average reputation score of those in the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-19-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
What we need is a reputation score like XBOX Live. Every time you complete an STF, it adds to your score, every time you complete an STF after failing the optional objective, you get a further 10% boost to that score. You lose points for pulling out, and you lose more if you jump ship after the optional objective fails.

When I look at the queue, not only should it have a listing of available STFs, it should list the average reputation score of those in the queue.
Now that is a system I can agree with.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:

Love that idea, but some players do get penalized when they shouldn't, like yourself when your team left you and you were forced to leave, so that penalization system would need to be working as intended before anything like what you suggest could be implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Don't PUG...

Do PUEG (Pick Up Experienced Group)...

Via the EliteSTF channel.

P.S. This also happened to me when I couldn't find a PUEG and tried a PUG team instead, never again.
I think I am going to have to conceed defeat, come to the same thinking and quit pugs all together.

last nights normal ka space which almost failed because of two german noobs who could not get the comprehension of how a team works, was the last straw.

And yes, they could type in perfect english, so the language barrier is a mute point...
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:

Agreed

10char/
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:

I couldn't agree more and think it's a great idea, perhaps then people would think twice about throwing a hissy fit and leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
STF's aren't that bad unless you're playing on Elite, and there is usually someone there who will help you out and tell you what to do. But that's the key, a lot of people aren't willing to listen and think they can Leroy the whole mission themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-19-2011, 09:17 AM
I queued up for Cure space and when I entered the mission was already over along with the timer counting down the 170 or so seconds before everyone is booted. I got no loot as I joined after it had finished, yet once I warped out -- bam-- can't play for another hour. Not leaver penalty, but completion penalty -- despite me entering after it finished with no loot of any kind.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
I queued up for Cure space and when I entered the mission was already over along with the timer counting down the 170 or so seconds before everyone is booted. I got no loot as I joined after it had finished, yet once I warped out -- bam-- can't play for another hour. Not leaver penalty, but completion penalty -- despite me entering after it finished with no loot of any kind.
I have had that happen numerous times, but never had a leaver penalty?
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I have had that happen numerous times, but never had a leaver penalty?
Happened to me last night. I went nuts.