Lt. Commander
# 1 Glowing Red nerf Bat'leths
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
So I just did Bringing down the house. As I am doing the Bat'leth tournament I noticed my Bat'leth was glowing like a lightsaber. If onl;y it the damage a lightsaber could do. I also noticed that as I am fighting my opponent, He is ignoring my shields and doing direct damage, while I am having to knock his shields down before i can hurt him.

I tried to open a ticket but it said something to the effect that they are overloaded and talk to a GM. But what can a GM do about programing issues? Nothing, so I didn't bother.

Anyone else experience this issue? I know they were talking about updating the melee weapons...I didn't realize they were putting foam padding on the blades so we wouldn't hurt ourselves or others.

One of the few things I had left to enjoy in the game was melee fighting...now that is going away also...
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
the lightsaber thing isn't a bug unfortunately. its intentional. and a big big mistake on cryptics part

far as I know the shield thing isn't a bug either. i've done that mission a dozen times and always had that happen
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Physical damage attacks have always bypassed shields, but since you're apparently using a special bat-leth that deals energy damage, you have to take down the shields first before you can damage his health.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
That is just ridiculous...If I want a sith, I'll play mine on TOR. Give me back my un-energized Bat'leth cryptic, I prefer to bypass shields over look like Darth freaking Klingon...seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
the lightsaber thing isn't a bug unfortunately. its intentional. and a big big mistake on cryptics part

far as I know the shield thing isn't a bug either. i've done that mission a dozen times and always had that
happen
So, are all the bat'leth's like that now? How about the Vulcan Lirpas ?