Lt. Commander
# 1 Really Gozer? Really?
12-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Been at elite infected trying to get the optional for 3 days... or so... Between the One shooting by tactical drones and fact that theres a super worker at the end with 2k HP... Will u atleast make this optional Possible? I cant even get to ogens room without timer buzzing. And it isnt a DPS problem. Fully Ground spec premades... How about this for an idea... Instead of having 100 mobs in a room that can do 1000 dps each, how about instead of random 1 shots, u give them abilitys to use. Medical drones that actualy heal for example... Instead of having an elite drone do 800 dmg every 2 seconds, maybe it can like... Stun u, for elite. Just get rid of the 1 shoting... Infected optional needs like 30 min to beat atm...

EDIT: This is a well geared and well experianced team...

EDIT: Conversation is primaraly about ground STFs, its ok to mention space, but just try to say something about GROUND ELITE STFs
Lt. Commander
# 2 Yeah what he said ^^
12-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Infected optional on elite is really not a realistic objective... You basically need to do the entire mission in 15 minutes. idc how elite you are, you cant go through all the groups save the workers, with all those DPS crazed drones shooting at you within 15 mins... They really need to do something about that
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Same thing to space elites. Tac cubes 1 shooting cruisers with best pre season 5 gear. Milions of hp and such. Did devs even test it if optionals are doable ??

Cure ground normal - sprinting and not failing anything , leaves at 1min left.
Infected ground normal - didnt saw it done.

Elite cure space, Ka space - milions of hp to burn thou. Not doable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-18-2011, 03:01 PM
I have to agree here.

To be honest all the optionals are kind of silly, most of them dont promote smart thinking and team tactics.
It's all about Kamikaze attacks and hoping all goes well.
That said, I have done all the optionals on Elite with you, exept the Infected one, it's just ridiculous.

I specificly full ground respeced my character to see if that makes a difference.
It simply does not.
Trying to do the smart thing and take 1 group at the time doesnt either, because of the timer.

And getting 1 shot with a fully specced Engineer at full shield resist isnt fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I think statistical adjustment is insufficient to resolve the playability issue.

How the mission plays is a whole lot more than "how many teams complete the mission" or "how many teams complete the optional"

The heavy and elite drones are poorly balanced, they one-shot half the team with their aoe attacks. A group always runs around in Cure ground. These are evidence of poor design...

However, the above does not preclude the possibility of finishing the mission. You can do it, it's just a poor gameplay experience.

I am trying hard not to tell people how to do their jobs, but ultimately a game is for people to play in, and gameplay is key. Statistical outcome is secondary, if you want to make sure people grind the right number of weeks to get a certain equipment, sure. But statistical adjustment does not make the game better, rebalance it, or solve any design problem.

We're not stupid, and I know you aren't either. So let's treat each other like adults and look into the gameplay with a serious attitude. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-18-2011, 03:06 PM
I agree with u all...

Gozer you need to rebalance the optionals. Make the infected optional realistic, How about lower the forcefields room forcefield and kill rebecca without the room resetting. Atleast its possible..
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I think a lot of the problem with Elite is, unlike say "Hard Mode" in WoW, the devs don't playtest it. Elite and Advanced are added simply because many of us find the normal game too easy. Elite and Advanced just give flat bonuses across the board to all the enemies (and increases mob count), but they don't actually play them to see if it's realistically possible to finish them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I think a lot of the problem with Elite is, unlike say "Hard Mode" in WoW, the devs don't playtest it. Elite and Advanced are added simply because many of us find the normal game too easy. Elite and Advanced just give flat bonuses across the board to all the enemies (and increases mob count), but they don't actually play them to see if it's realistically possible to finish them.
Exactly... Gozer needs to actualy fix this...
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2011, 03:48 PM
all i can say to this is:

/signed 100%

if you put these Missions in the PVE Queue and expect F2P users coming in, and having FUN with those... sorry nope you're only giving them reason to rage quit.

we are the oldschool here, if we tell you it sux, than what do you think the F2P crowd will think?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2011, 03:49 PM
if it's not changed...how about a video of a dev team doing it without there "powers" if they cant do it everyone gets 10000000000k EDC's!