Lt. Commander
# 11
12-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
if it's not changed...how about a video of a dev team doing it without there "powers" if they cant do it everyone gets 10000000000k EDC's!

agreed... they prolly cant XD hehe
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
I have to agree here.

To be honest all the optionals are kind of silly, most of them dont promote smart thinking and team tactics.
It's all about Kamikaze attacks and hoping all goes well.
That said, I have done all the optionals on Elite with you, exept the Infected one, it's just ridiculous.

I specificly full ground respeced my character to see if that makes a difference.
It simply does not.
Trying to do the smart thing and take 1 group at the time doesnt either, because of the timer.

And getting 1 shot with a fully specced Engineer at full shield resist isnt fun.

So true. It is ridiculous. What's the logic behind of getting one shotted?! You think making the borg deal crazy damage makes the game challenging? It does not. It's just a way to hide how crappy the whole design is.

STFs is nothing but a joke. It totally lost its value. It is strong evidence of very poor design here.

I agree with everyone here. I was with them as well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
I was was fortunate to make the Infected Elite mode - once. We literally made it with 2 seconds left on the clock. The props went out to the group who were full of people who knew the STFs well enough. Enough to kill Rebecca - with the TR rifle. :p

So it's not impossible for a well skilled team, but the Tacticals on Elite mode are extremely crazy. Elites are actually tougher than Tosk and Ogen. So they do need properly balanced.

With Cure Ground, it's virtually the same thing.

Cure Space...........is a major spamfest.

Khitomer Elite Space and Ground are okay. Elite is actually rather easy, except the Elites.

But what we really need is that promised Ground Skill Tree that we've been promised for a month now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Although I guess, on one hand, we kind of get to know how the people feel in the canon when they run into Borg ships and just get oneshot by them all the time...

Being redshirts is suffering.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Waitwait wait... u got the infected elite ground optional... tell me... show me. get a run together for it!

Back on topic...

Doubt we will find 1 person besides a dev who thinks elite STFs are Working as intened. While on the topic, Armek Normal needs to be redesigned so he can be pugged without scis.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Ok so thoughts after the last 48 Hours running are as follows - focussing on Elite mode, optional objectives:

Khitomer Space: Tricky, but not impossible. Effective crowd control and focussed fire make this work, high DPS will help.

Khitomer Ground: The 'easy' mode of Elite STF's, this simply involves a little communication and timing - avoiding the beam in mobs when dropping shields helps.

Cure Space: Not too bad, there's a trick in what order you take things out that makes this quite straight forward, finding the trick isn't obvious but when you know it you're laughing.

Cure Ground: Annoying. The turrets can be taken down in 15 minutes, but you have to bypass lots of trash mobs in the process which you have to clear up later with a long walk, it's frustrating, illogical, and not a lot of fun.

Infected Space: Fine so long as people communicate and don't rush to take generators down, you'll find yourself tight on time but this can be good fun.

Infected Ground: Well I have to say, I could scream. I've seen lieutenants assimilated instantly for no good reason, I've come across Elites that hit us like a road truck, it just beggars belief. I think a possible solution would be to bring the last 3 (post Ogen) officers forward a bit, put one in the second mob at the start, put one after the first force field, and just for fun, one with Ogen somewhere. It would still provide a challenge but give us a reasonable stab at the timing.
On an interesting note, the normal timing feels about right for Elite given the positions...just a thought.

One shotting deaths is another conversation - nobody wants to die with no chance to heal or run - that.is.not.fun.

Regarding Infected - I'm calling Gozer out - send me a mail in game @tobar26th and we'll take you through with an experienced, well equipped, team and I'd like to see your thoughts on the ground, I know statistically you've looked at these, and I know they CAN be done, but players are turning off the STF's again because of it and that can't be good. I'd like to invite you to ride along to see how a good team deals with them to see if it's really what your design intention was, because I suspect it isn't.

Sozuu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
Waitwait wait... u got the infected elite ground optional... tell me... show me. get a run together for it!

Back on topic...

Doubt we will find 1 person besides a dev who thinks elite STFs are Working as intened. While on the topic, Armek Normal needs to be redesigned so he can be pugged without scis.
In fairness this can be done I'll explain it in game tomorrow if you catch me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Obligatory "L2P" post

In all seriousness though, The mob spam is really the problem for the objectives. I ran one infected where there were 6 nanite probes and spheres (mostly spheres) with 3-4 of us defending from them. As soon as one popped, another jumped in.

Spheres hit like a sledgehammer as well.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Obligatory "L2P" post

In all seriousness though, The mob spam is really the problem for the objectives. I ran one infected where there were 6 nanite probes and spheres (mostly spheres) with 3-4 of us defending from them. As soon as one popped, another jumped in.

do infected ground elite. A tactical drone has a chance to 1 shot u, Elite drones AOE insta kill entire teams. Its not possible to get all 10 workers in the time limit without hacking, or exploiting, or withgought 5 tacts whos ground spec is a giant green box.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Obligatory "L2P" post

We are talking about the Ground optional here.
I'm not saying it's easy either, but the Space Objective is doable, and we did it.
But the Ground one is just a joke. But maybe it is possible, I dont know!

But one thing I know for sure:

If and when I am getting it, I am not going to think "nice, well done".

I am going to think "Well we got it, but that was retarded. We just bumrushed them to death
and were lucky enough not to get killed by random crit 1 shots or running into bugs,
where the far away Borg would just start assimilating without us even being in range.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
In my opinion one of two timers for the optional objective is extra. EIther 15 minutes in total or the assimilation time per NPC. But at least you have to manage it only once in order to get the accolade.

EDIT: Putting something on a timer tends to causes haste in any case. In my opinion rescuing a randomly selected NPC from a randomly selected location and facing two randomly selected boss encounters would be better in terms of re-playability. And perhaps some third seldom encounter like Breen capital ships during Deferi daily missions.