Lt. Commander
I've spotted some art issues with the M.A.C.O. armour and rifle. Some of these issues should be relatively easy for the character art team to fix. Others would require significant redesign of the belt, the gun, or of the character stances and poses.

Please excuse the rather low graphics settings in these images. I have to use rather low settings to run the game.

As seen here in image 1, the costume clips both at the back of the neck, and at the bottom edge of the shirt. As I've seen other player's characters wearing the armour and not having the shirt issue, this may be stance dependent.

Also visible here is a flaw more fundamental to the design, and thus harder to fix. The belt pouches clip with the arms, particularly noticeable with the hip pouches that occupy the same space as the character's hands.

Then there's the battle rifle. As seen in image 2, the rifle extends through the character's forearm in a way that looks both quite painful and physically improbable.

When crouching, the holographic "scope" on top of the rifle is embedded in the character's face. The fixed outer ring gives the impression of glowing tusks emerging from the sides of the character's mouth. In this image, the moving central circle gives the appearance of either a strange goatee, or a glowing chin-guard.

The character's left hand is also somewhat embedded in the rifle's handle while crouching.

Finally, in image 3, we see that using Aim (here while crouched, but the same issues occur while standing) causes stock of the rifle to be embedded in the character's face and neck.

The character's wrist also clips through the uniform, and the M.A.C.O. badge has become altogether disconnected from the surface of the uniform, having become partially embedded in the arm.

The Mk XII set, which includes a raised armoured collar, shoulder armour, a helmet, gloves, and gauntlets might avoid some of these graphical issues due to having something cover them up. However, I don't expect to have the Mk XII set any time soon (if ever) so I am more concerned with the Mk XI set's issues.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM
We're looking into it. Many of these issues have already been fixed and are just in the queue to get into a patch.

Thanks the feedback!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Might I inquire as to whether a fix for the M.A.C.O. XI space shield visual not working, is included in this queue to be fixed ?
- crosses fingers -
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
What visual is not working?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshal
The character's wrist also clips through the uniform

uuuhm...

that happens also on the DS9 Uniform

Thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=242047

http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/vupo...1520503559.jpg
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/c9oa...1520503834.jpg

@ mhighison
if you are willing to fix clipping errors as we point them out,
i also have a bunch of clipping errors from the 7of9 Outfit, together with various Tactical Kits (i can screenshot them if you want?), the TNG Badges still clip into female breasts etc.
the female TOS outfits have clipping issues with their own rank options (the gold lines at the wrists)

...should i make a new thread for that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-16-2011, 04:47 AM
Good grief! Is that a gun she's holding or a Harley Davidson motorcycle? It's huge!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
It's not that bad. There are worse looking weapons in STO. I mean hell, it doesn't even have the stupid holographic wingdings, just a blue sight.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Hopefully the devs saw this, but the Honor Guard set has some missing components and clipping issues as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-18-2011, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
What visual is not working?
The visual for the M.A.C.O. XI ship shield. The X shield works and looks wonderful, but for some reason the
XI doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
We're looking into it. Many of these issues have already been fixed and are just in the queue to get into a patch.
Does that also include fixes for the Honor Guard set? Like females having bracers but males not having them?