Lt. Commander
# 1 For Capt. Logan on the Kar'fi
12-19-2011, 08:58 AM
*sigh*

Love the ship...

Hate the look.

A proposal to you oh might artist and crafter of ships.

Start with your Vor'kang (lovely lines!) enlarge the ship, mostly with depth to the hull. I suspect it would make an awesome battle carrier. But keep those agressive lines!

No Special console! Drop one science console and give it one engineering console. Everything else stays the same as the Kar'fi other then this new ship will carry the same type of carrier pets as the regular KDF carrier.

Make a fine KDF Flagship...

Khemaraa sends.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Same here, the look is holding me back.

@Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF:

would it be okay to both add my support and a different (as in additional, not better, not either/or but "why not both?" ) proposal for a battlecarrier?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I love the look of it. The ship looks really demonic with that dark Hull and the red lights. Also the hull texture has that "used"-look to it that tells you the ship already has been through a lot.

Plus, the "exhaust pipe" effect reminds me of Firefly's reavers.

It's got a strong "straight out of hell" vibe which, I guess, was the whole point.

The top section also is reminescent of Warhammer 40K with its "cathedrals in space" approach.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
The only thing that *really* bugs me about the Kar'fi above anything else are the stupid looking wings. The rest of the look is nice, even with the coal powered warp core it seems to have. If the wings could be changed/removed, that'd be a great update even if nothing else was reworked.

Of course, having Logan make a brand new design would *not* be a bad thing. All his work is top notch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
*sigh*

Love the ship...

Hate the look.

A proposal to you oh might artist and crafter of ships.

Start with your Vor'kang (lovely lines!) enlarge the ship, mostly with depth to the hull. I suspect it would make an awesome battle carrier. But keep those agressive lines!

No Special console! Drop one science console and give it one engineering console. Everything else stays the same as the Kar'fi other then this new ship will carry the same type of carrier pets as the regular KDF carrier.

Make a fine KDF Flagship...

Khemaraa sends.
Unfortunately, judging by Cryptic's current mode of producing new ships, I don't think there's going to be any new ships coming out in the near future that WON'T have a "special console". Sad to say, but I think it's true...
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-20-2011, 11:28 AM
i 've never flown the Kar'fi becase it look so alien, it doesn't look like anything klingons should be using. if there was a skin that made it look like an actual klingon ship i would proboly use it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Well the reason it does not look Klingon is because its not Klingon at all.

The Kar'Fi is a captured Fek'lhri ship.
Thats why mine is armed as the NPC's with Antiproton and Tricobalt weapons!
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Well the reason it does not look Klingon is because its not Klingon at all.

The Kar'Fi is a captured Fek'lhri ship.
Thats why mine is armed as the NPC's with Antiproton and Tricobalt weapons!
Sure, makes sense.
However using captured tech will only get you so far.
You'll end up with resupply and maintenance problems.
In Star Trek we saw this for example in "Empok Nor" where they were unable to reproduce
certain vital components of DS9.

The RL result was usually that captured vehicles were used (or rather used up)
and also reverse engineered and used as a basis for domestic units that
incorporated whatever desired capabilites the captors wanted to incorporate into their own units.
Since similar ships in STO end up with ingame stats that are identical
(the various "skins" out there are supposedly from different times but still similar enough to warrant this)
so a Klingon-designed and operated battlecarrier would have the same stats but still look different.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Let aalso note that I find it rather hard to belive that a true blooded Klingon would willingly serve aboard a Fek'lari ship much less command one.. Haven/t liked these ship from the day they appeared.. They just never made sense as to why the empire would operate them
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Let aalso note that I find it rather hard to belive that a true blooded Klingon would willingly serve aboard a Fek'lari ship much less command one..
Klingons may wrinkle their noses at the thought of that, but these days, the KDF consists of so much more species than just Klinks. I'm sure Gorn, Orions, Nausicaans and Leetheans wouldn't have any reservations flying one of those beasts from hell.