Lt. Commander
# 1 MES and Cloak
02-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Does the Mask Energy Signature Boff skill stack with cloaking as far as your ability to not be detected by Sci ships?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Its not possible for you to use MES and cloak at the same time .. you CAN increase your stealth rating by increasing stealth in the player skills and also through the use of science consoles. Increased auxillary piwer will also increase your stealth rating. . Hope this helps
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Yes, that answered my question, but now I have another:

So the 'stealth' attribute I see on some of the ship equipment actually helps with my ability to not be detected while cloaked? Also, I usually run with my aux power in the gutter. Will running it at a higher setting while sci ships are around make a discernible difference?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 08:16 AM
I think the easiest way to ascertain this would be to try it with somebody in a PVP challenge set up.

One thing I've found is that some ships seem to cloak better than others. My Hegh'ta can spawn into Ker'rat amongst a Fedball and sneak out of it without being detected, my Vor'cha cannot do this. The Bortas is hardly even worth cloaking since I've detected them as far as 15km a way without being specced into sensors before.

One thing I'm curious about though is the 2nd set bonus for the Honor Guard set, does that share cool downs with cloaking or anything like that? And how effective is it relative to the cloak? I looked at the numbers, then looked at the numbers for cloaking, and for me it looked like a difference of about 25%.