Lt. Commander
# 1 Enterprise F? cool!
12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Hey i've known about the New Enterprise for a while and i got a few beautiful pics of it from the website here one of which is my PC's current wallpaper. But i want to know: Does the Enterprise F exist ingame somewhere? If so how can i find it? Are there missions involved that leads me to finding the Enterprise F like how i met the U.S.S. Azura and Azura II?

Right now i'm currently a Commander 5 and due to my busy schedule i simply don't have the time to be a part of any fleet so i'm playing STO solo and i'm enjoying STO the same way i have always enjoyed Star Trek which is one new awesome espisode every other day. I do think it is awesome that STar Trek has evolved into an MMO. I no longer get to "watch" Star Trek...now i get to "Experience" Star Trek! WOOT
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Currently it doesn't exist in game. We got a sneak peak of it on the test server - for a while the ISS Stadi in the mirror event was an Odyssey-class, but it was changed to a Galaxy-X before the event went live.

They've talked about getting our first real look at it in the next feature episode - that doesn't necessarily mean playable, but at least visible. Also doesn't necessarily mean the Enterprise-F herself, just the class.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't mind the Odyssey-class itself, but I have a hard time with the idea of lauching an Ent-F while the Ent-E is still out there. Don't bring up the Ent-C. The Federation knew for a fact that it was confirmed destroyed. The Klingons (whom no longer tolerated the Romulans) independently verifiying what the Romulans claimed was proof positive for the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2011, 07:24 AM
If Starfleet is about to launch the Enterprise-F, then that means the Enterprise-E has been either destroyed or decommissioned. No news yet on what happened to her. Personally I hope just moth-balled and Data is still the captain.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM
WE as players know the Odyssey class will be the Enterprise F, but only from out-of-character sources. That doesn't mean that Starfleet's made the decision to replace the E yet. Our first look at the class might not even be as the Enterprise, but as the USS Odyssey.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
If Starfleet is about to launch the Enterprise-F, then that means the Enterprise-E has been either destroyed or decommissioned. No news yet on what happened to her. Personally I hope just moth-balled and Data is still the captain.
Can we give a ship named Enterprise a happy end for once? (OK, twice since Ent-A was decommissioned unless you count how it was destroyed in Ashes Of Eden, and we don't know what happened to NX-01 and Ent-B)

And poor Data. Killed off in Nemesis, then he meets an untimely demise yet again........
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I agree. Better to have the ship decommissioned/mothballed and Data still in the fight. HE could be the captain of the new ship similar to the events in the Novel "Imzadi".

As for Data's "Phoenix ressurection", I refute the idea tha he is using B-4's body/shell, and subsitute a different explination:

The Daystrom Insitute managed to create their own andriods and gynoids based off several artifical designs aquired by the Federation over the years. One of these made it his/her mission to track down Data's componets which were scattered accross the galaxy by the destruction of the Reman Flagship Scimitar(or carried off by the Pakleds as the came might be).
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
That's actually a docking bay for a special auxiliary craft. Most pictures of the Odyssey class are from before they finished it, but they did put these pictures out just a few days ago:

Docked:
http://twitter.com/#!/CapnLogan/stat...471041/photo/1
http://twitter.com/#!/CapnLogan/stat...518144/photo/1

On its own:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...42067799_n.jpg
(with separated saucer in the background)
And since the last picture also had the separated saucer, the separated stardrive section just to complete the picture:
https://twitter.com/#!/CapnLogan/sta...637185/photo/1

We don't know what it's for yet, though. It could be the Odyssey's version of the D'kyr's support ship, but somebody did put out the theory that it could be a functional ship in its own right. Rough estimates based on the Sovereign Odyssey size comparison from the dev blog would put this thing a bit shorter than the Defiant and about half as wide. Not a small ship by any measure.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-22-2011, 01:54 PM
hmmm....

Interesting...