Lt. Commander
Ok, I have been gone a while, yes long story, but not I am back I see that everything is changed, skils, ships, the whole works.

So I am asking some help with a really good Engineer build, My character is currently Rear Admiral Lower-Half. I want to focus on being a healing tank in battle. I used to be quite good at it but I just don't know where to go with these new skills and such.

So any and all help would be appreciated.

Just a note, my goal is to get the multi-vector Prometheus.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 04:55 PM
No one? Wow, umm ok.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Probably because the skill revamp is so new , that very few people deem themselves experts on builds yet. So the right people have not seen the thread yet.
Really you already are on the same page then most of us.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Probably because the skill revamp is so new , that very few people deem themselves experts on builds yet. So the right people have not seen the thread yet.
Really you already are on the same page then most of us.
Count me in the same page. I haven't played in months and now, I can't last very long in one on one PvP
with a Klingon. I actually fare better in normal PvP, probably because there are more tempting targets than me!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Well we´re kinda all the beta testers ATM, so use the search function and hope you find a good thread.

Maybe searching Character Builds and Powers will help.

The STOWiki is valiantly kept on the verge of being up to date too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Although I feel like I'm not doing enough damage with the new space and ground skills, I have figured out something that is useful so far. The former Performance skills to increase power work as follow (on my builds anyway).

Engines/Shields (T4):

Second 3 (yellow) yield a bonus 3 in total for that power system.
Third 3 (red) yield a bonus 2 in total for that power system.

Aux/Weapons (T5):

Second 3 (yellow) yield a bonus 3 in total for that power system.
Third 3 (red) yield a bonus 2 in total for that power system.

Not exactly sure what the 3 green net you but I'm guessing around 5. I don't have a single toon without any of the greens speced so I can't say for sure and I don't want to respec again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2012, 05:26 PM
The skill tree is pretty intuitive... for the most part. You will find that 6 ranks in anything is most expedient, and more than that is wasteful. You will want to take into account what BOFF powers you use the most. Weapons, shields, and hull are pretty standard.

More than before, STO is gear dependent. Most people min max their tactical consoles by slotting multiple copies of the same energy type boost. Weapon type consoles have been replaced by generic power boosts, which are less powerful than energy type boosts. For a sci or engineer, these can be used to enable decent multiple energy types, but going all one energy type is still favored by min maxers.

Consoles have drastically changed in function. Most people regard science consoles as useless, but I think a bio function monitor, emitter array are useful as keeping crewmen alive does seem to help more than before Season 5. Others may differ.