Lt. Commander
# 11
12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes! Instead of “logging out” you could “log unto another character”. I always wondered why logging out looked like you were exciting the game. At least they could bring you back to the ”character selection” page.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Why does it log you out? Here is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99nfgols4E

The problem, in a nutshell, is if you idly leave STO logged in for whatever reason, expecting to come back within 5 or 10 minutes, the above can happen...
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak

The problem, in a nutshell, is if you idly leave STO logged in for whatever reason, expecting the come back within 5 or 10 minutes, the above can happen...
Might be offending, but just one word: Darwin.

It is OK to be default, but I would like have an option to switch it off.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty_Eyes View Post
Might be offending, but just one word: Darwin.

It is OK to be default, but I would like have an option to switch it off.
For what it's worth, I agree with you.

...But on account of people being lazy, and the the potential for mass-rage from the very rare few that might bombard Cryptic with messages of "omg, I lost my toon, I want it back" through the ticket system, I don't see it changing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:

The problem, in a nutshell, is if you idly leave STO logged in for whatever reason, expecting to come back within 5 or 10 minutes, the above can happen...
LOL!!!!!!! Would that really be a bad thing?? Think of all the free time you would have??

Quote:
For what it's worth, I agree with you.

...But on account of people being lazy, and the the potential for mass-rage from the very rare few that might bombard Cryptic with messages of "omg, I lost my toon, I want it back" through the ticket system, I don't see it changing.
In the case of the video you linked, I am sure he would have a rough time following up on the support ticket!
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bailey
LOL!!!!!!! Would that really be a bad thing?? Think of all the free time you would have??
Didn't say it was a problem for me. I have little enough time to play this game as it is, but hey... I'm just trying to see the bigger picture.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Security don't make me laugh..

Also, contrary to here, in WoW you can get your accidentally deleted chars back if you realize mistake within 48h...

maybe they believe you are less likely to cancel subscription if you have your 2y old character back?
Who knows..
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelosu View Post
Security don't make me laugh..

Also, contrary to here, in WoW you can get your accidentally deleted chars back if you realize mistake within 48h...

maybe they believe you are less likely to cancel subscription if you have your 2y old character back?
Who knows..
I remind you that Cryptic operates in a country where it's possible to sue a railroad company for failing to tell you that trains travel on railway tracks.

I don't blame Cryptic for being overly cautious.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
I remind you that Cryptic operates in a country where it's possible to sue a railroad company for failing to tell you that trains travel on railway tracks.

I don't blame Cryptic for being overly cautious.
Yes and thats why I am wondering why no one yet sued them for all the (lets call it diplomatically) failed promises they made..
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-19-2011, 05:54 PM
I would just like to go back to the character selection screen. Like I said, it is just another thing I find annoying. Many little annoying things add up to big ones...