Lt. Commander
# 21
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelosu View Post
Yes and thats why I am wondering why no one yet sued them for all the (lets call it diplomatically) failed promises they made..
Because despite how much players protest, no one actually is going to spend thousands of dollars in lawyer fees. And probably lose the case anyway. If it goes that far.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
It's a security feature, and it shall not be removed.
there is nothing that makes this a security feature, and to think it is funny, Considering the launcher is based in MSIE calling this a "security feature" is not exactly accurate.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Because despite how much players protest, no one actually is going to spend thousands of dollars in lawyer fees. And probably lose the case anyway. If it goes that far.
And this is exactly problem. There is no protection for gamers.
Those game companies can make everything they want cause no one controls them.

If this was any "physical" product they would have to give you a refund.

Try to get a refund for getting faulty game or program...
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelosu View Post
And this is exactly problem. There is no protection for gamers.
Those game companies can make everything they want cause no one controls them.

If this was any "physical" product they would have to give you a refund.

Try to get a refund for getting faulty game or program...
Frankly, gamers are some of the biggest collection of entitled jerks on the planet. If they buy a product, they expect everything and anything, and for free.

You don't get that out of any other kind of consumer.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Why does it log you out? Here is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99nfgols4E

The problem, in a nutshell, is if you idly leave STO logged in for whatever reason, expecting to come back within 5 or 10 minutes, the above can happen...
1.) Another reason why smoking is bad for you.
2.) Why you are supposed to get your girlfriend addicted to WoW also.
3.) Punching your monitor? Why? You should punch the computer. :p

As far as needing to enter a PW for changing characters and calling it 'for security' I call that bull. If you said that Cryptic just didn't feel like changing it; I would find more believable. If Cryptic was all gung-ho for security, they'd be selling those RNG Authenticator keys like Blizzard has now. I would have nightmares of my WoW toons getting hacked till I got that!
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:

The problem, in a nutshell, is if you idly leave STO logged in for whatever reason, expecting to come back within 5 or 10 minutes, the above can happen...
They arent asking that it doesnt log you out and requests a password to get back in. They are asking to be able to change which character they are using without having to log out and log back in.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracounguis
3.) Punching your monitor? Why? You should punch the computer. :p
That is SO funny!! The whole shooting the messenger thing!
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-20-2011, 08:58 AM
This is one thing I have wanted since day one. I want to be able to switch my toons at will, with out having to log in everytime. It doesn't seem like a hard thing to do, in order to update the client. Not really sure why this was the prefered method in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm unclear how this is a security feature? If someone is using one of my characters then they already have my sign-in info...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:

1.) That video is so fake and staged for one very huge reason. Any true ******** player would have laid down the rules that "if ******** was running on the computer, DON'T BLOODY TOUCH IT!" Simple as that.
2.) Using that video to claim "security feature", is kinda lame really. And really lazy.

You can claim it's a security feature till you're blue in the face, doesn't make it so. A Cryptic employee could visit this thread and tell me directly that this is a security feature, and it still wouldn't make it so. Think about it, if someone who is not at my computer logs in and decides to delete my characters, do you think a little password prompt is going to stop them? They already have my log in and password, the damage is done. You aren't securing anything. As for leaving your account logged in and having "the video" done to you. Only a moron would neglect their significant other to the point that they have to resort to deleting characters. And if your friends are doing it to you, well, guess they weren't really your friends.

No, claiming "security feature" is just their way of avoiding saying "We really don't feel like changing it".

Either way though, it's not gonna change.