Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
12-20-2011, 07:56 AM
It hasn't required a phaser weapon equipped for as long as I can remember, but it DOES scale on phaser tactical consoles, so there is a decent onus to use phasers with the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Wilhelm
So they removed the requirement to have a phaser beam weapon equiped for the lance work. That put a smile on my face .
Maybe, I don't know, I've been flying the Dread for months like that now, but feel free to arm your ship with AP all around, get the AP consoles too. They are expensive on the exchange for MkXI purple but worth it I think. Personally my Dread has plasma all round because I like the effect and I love the HY2 Plasma torp, it does a lot of long lasting damge. My Retrofit Defiant Sau Paulo skin has AP all round but it does have the quad cannons, I suppose I'm losing a little on not having phaser modifiers for those but again i love the effect and the sound of them and they still hit hard. I think it's worth sacrificing a few DPS for effect after all it's what give you the enjoyment from the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
12-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm really going to make some tests. I have thought already on plasma and tetrion also. About the phaser lance, I think when the ship first come out, it was stated that it was needed a phaser beam weapon to it work. But I stayed a time away from the game, so I think it was on this time they changed it (and that was a lot of time ago). And also I think like Litchfield. I don't mind losing a few damage on the phaser lance in exchange of a better overall effects, like more critical from AP, or seeing a enemy ship burning in hot plasma.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
12-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Wilhelm
I'm really going to make some tests. I have thought already on plasma and tetrion also. About the phaser lance, I think when the ship first come out, it was stated that it was needed a phaser beam weapon to it work. But I stayed a time away from the game, so I think it was on this time they changed it (and that was a lot of time ago). And also I think like Litchfield. I don't mind losing a few damage on the phaser lance in exchange of a better overall effects, like more critical from AP, or seeing a enemy ship burning in hot plasma.
yeah. i was grouped with a few Gal-X's that enjoyed using an AP Lance rather than phaser lance. i have to say, i think it looks cooler wit hthe Darker red of AP rather than orange of the phaser...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
12-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
yeah. i was grouped with a few Gal-X's that enjoyed using an AP Lance rather than phaser lance. i have to say, i think it looks cooler wit hthe Darker red of AP rather than orange of the phaser...
I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you saying that you can obtain a Gal-X with a Lance that fires something *other* than Phaser energy?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
12-22-2011, 07:19 AM
I've made a test yesterday. Used all my EDC to buy antiborg antiproton weapons. And at least the FX of the phaser lance, was the phaser one. I didn't looked the combat log, since I think it's safe to assume it was dealing phaser damage.

Also, i really loved the AP weapons. I used high energy setting, with a dual beam bank and beam overload, and managed to deal damage as big as the phaser lance. I tested plasma weapons also, but I thought the proc dealed too low damage, even though it's cool to see the other ships burning on plasma.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
12-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
yeah. i was grouped with a few Gal-X's that enjoyed using an AP Lance rather than phaser lance. i have to say, i think it looks cooler wit hthe Darker red of AP rather than orange of the phaser...
Elaborate. How did you change the energy type of the Lance?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I'd like to know that as well. Being able to change the energy type of the lance and the Guramba's equivalent has been a long standing request.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
12-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Elaborate. How did you change the energy type of the Lance?
its based off energy beam type. if you have all of 1 type, the lance will change totha type. if you have at least 1 of the "default" type, it'll stay the default energy type, like disruptor or phaser. inorder to get all AP, every energy slot has to be AP i believe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
12-23-2011, 06:27 AM
I remembered trying it fully decked with AP, and don't seeing it change. But went to confirm it on Red Shirt. Took 2 screenshots of the results. One I removed my torps, and another with the torps:

with torps
no torps

So, as the screenshots showed, no change on the phaser lance doing your procedure Tenkari.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.