Have you asked?
You didnt read the OP =P
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You didnt read the OP =P
I read some of it, the rest I just assumed was ranting about how bad done to little Redshirt is being treated by momma Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Im not sure why this surprises you... There has been obvious Favortism of a specific group since game launch...
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Mavgeek's post did not come off to me as complaining about the bug ship but rather how their podcast has not gotten any mention from Cryptic. They are presenting their case which includes the bug ship but also includes other things including how Cryptic advertises Cryptic Point Giveaways for one podcast but ignores another doing the same thing.

Mavgeek could have written the OP a bit better, but I do not think its a jealousy rant.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-20-2011, 08:20 AM
NM...
*walks away quietly...*
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
its very much everyone elses business if it came from a dev. that shows either favoritism on the part of cryptic or corruption on the part of the dev. both of which are very valid issues to the game and community as a whole
As someone who has benefitted from a number of "friends and family" schemes and benefits from a number of developers, I'd like to say it's extremely na´ve to be outraged by this.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-20-2011, 08:35 AM
I wasn't going to reply but feel I will and share the experience I have had.

Does Cryptic answer all emails? No. Honestly it took me sending three for them to post our contest on the main page. And I was told the first couple must have been overlooked. I took it at just that.

I nor any staff member at SSR has received a bugship or even a snowball. I personally am here to provide a service to the community and could care less if I receive anything or who does receive anything for that matter.

Have we been ignored for interviews? Maybe. I could point at so many media outlets that have gotten interviews and then bring up emails that have been unreplied to when I have inquired for an interview. The plain and simple fact is Cryptic is a business. The marketing guys have a job to do and worrying about small entities such as ourselves is not top priority.

My suggestion is just email and ask for interviews. If you want a bugship email and ask for one. If they feel inclined to give you one to talk about on your show then so be it. If not at least you tried.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
NM...
*walks away quietly...*
Its like a somebody unlocked the doors to the naHlet-tuq.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Devs,

We're ok at the Gates of Stovokor.
If any KDF ships become grab-bag based, we would love a ship to give -away as a prize.
just saying.

Though I think Mavgeeks angst is more to the lack of attention from Cryptic than the Bug ship.
I think it would behoove Cryptic to go on RSA for a good old fashion debate on gameplay and the mechanics there-in. If they are proud of their work and confident in it, there should be no worries about having to defend it in a public forum.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I see no problem with Cryptic giving out these ships to fansites/podcasts, especially if these shows are using them as prizes (although being giving one and using it for yourself is a little low). They did mention on STOked that they received one, but to me it sounded like he got it from members of the community who were just sending him gifts, he never mentioned anything about being granted one by the devs.

You said it yourself, you're not as big as some of the other podcasts around, I don't know why Crypitc might have ignored you, but it's like they owe you anything. Perhaps they just aren't aware of you.. I certainly wasn't before now and this kind of whining and entitlement just ensures that I will never listen to your podcast.
Closed Thread