Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSEnterpiseZ
Ahhhhh, didn't see this thread, I just made one lol

I'm not a fan of it, luckily I still have 15 toons to spec since the last skill tree change. But its BS, they should have done all the changes at the same. Just fells like a massive waste of time and money trying to learn the current one, for what? all of a month.
For us, yes.

For them, they just get all of the money from wasted respecs and spin some PR crap to make it seem like these changes were rolled out at different stages to benefit us so that we could "get used to them" or something.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Considering most STFs have been rolled and completed by hundreds in the game with little to no ground points. Knowing proper strategy to complete STFs is more key than skill points in ground skills. Most of my toons have had the majority if not all skill points in space and I have completed every STF yes even terrordome with very little ground skills. STFs are about the team and willingness to listen. Geez where has that been said before....
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Considering most STFs have been rolled and completed by hundreds in the game with little to no ground points. Knowing proper strategy to complete STFs is more key than skill points in ground skills. Most of my toons have had the majority if not all skill points in space and I have completed every STF yes even terrordome with very little ground skills. STFs are about the team and willingness to listen. Geez where has that been said before....
Their rationale for this is so that it makes PvP easier for people who have spent points into ground skills.

Apparently the only thing setting us apart from the average PvE Kirker is the fact that we have all of our points spent in Space skills as opposed to mixing it up.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-22-2011, 06:27 AM
I do not relish the cries of "OMG XXXX IS SO OP!!" that will still arise when F2P launches from those who come into PvP thinking with the Kirk or Chang mentality...... The days of a heavy ground or heavy space build are over and now skewing to one of the other from a point of forced balance is the name of the game as well as a better understanding of what is needed in space and what can still be ignored skillwise.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Their rationale for this is so that it makes PvP easier for people who have spent points into ground skills.

Apparently the only thing setting us apart from the average PvE Kirker is the fact that we have all of our points spent in Space skills as opposed to mixing it up.

Hence the doff system, which is nothing more a set of powers that is passive but almost better than actives because you do not have to click anything extra.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
With the proposed changes from Gecko, we will all have to spend 25% of our skill points into ground skills. How do you see this affecting pvp?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=245115
It gives people an excuse less if they fare bad in PvP. Because no one can claim he is "unspecialized" in Space PvP. There are so many reasons why people can be bad at PvP, but having less potential in their build is no longer one.

In practice, the effect will not be as large, though I suppose it may make doing all those STFs and Featured Episodes for the next broken set or piece of gear nicer, because Ground PvE will go smoother and faster.

Of course, it's more like we're losing only about 8 % purchasing power by Geko's math. I know that the ridicilious amount of skill points I suddenly have in Ground skills on Tribble is a lot more than I had to sacrifice from my space skills. After the initial revamp, I was basically unable to spec into any ground skills.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Quote:
lololol

Devs in for a suprise.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-23-2011, 05:04 AM
The Skill Tree changes have opened Level advancement wide-open. We now have a missing amount of points that can be added to the game via new Content to explore and hopefully a skill point cap increase to go with it.
Here's to hoping the New Year brings this content to allow us to further increase our T5 skills and ground options.
Qa'pla!
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:

Perception is Reality. If people believe that's the issue, they can claim it's out of their control and give up. Now they have one convenient excuse less.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately the PVP community is too small to influence the gameplay changes developed by the Devs. Think about it for a minute...the PVPers of the whole world have spent all their skill points into space skills, and why did they so?
Because it is exciting to be a member of an elite group devoted to a serious PVP space combat!
And now Cryptic wanna force us to waste the 25% of our precious skill points into ground skills! In practice the leading PVP figure will disappear in Stol! Eh, I'm a recent lifetime subscriber and I don't regret it, but let me say I'm very disappointed...