Lt. Commander
Will you give me a free bug ship like Chris from STOKED?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Worth a shot, better then spending $175 (On Average) trying to win it!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2011, 09:31 AM
considering one person from a podcast just complained in another thread that they did not get a bug ship, i guess the answer would be no.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Devs,

We're ok at the Gates of Stovokor.
If any KDF ships become grab-bag based, we would love a ship to give -away as a prize.
just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Like I said in another thread,

I have no problem at all with Chris being given a ship, so long as that ship came from a grab bag which operated under the same chances as every other grab bag, not some kind of Dev magic. The whole reason they made them tradeable was so that you could give them to other people(or sell them), so if someone bought a grab bag and opened it up and got a ship and decided to give it to Chris that is completely fine. Dev magic on the other hand is different.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Like I said in another thread,

I have no problem at all with Chris being given a ship, so long as that ship came from a grab bag which operated under the same chances as every other grab bag, not some kind of Dev magic. The whole reason they made them tradeable was so that you could give them to other people(or sell them), so if someone bought a grab bag and opened it up and got a ship and decided to give it to Chris that is completely fine. Dev magic on the other hand is different.
I'm actually ok with Dev magic too as long as it was not some sort of mass gifting to a whole fleet. *That* would tick me off something frightful.

As I said, if I were a dev and had a close friend who ran a podcast I'd give him a special ship under similar circumstances.
Heck I'd give special things to close friends or struggling new players from time to time period just to be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Maybe if you went back in time 2 years ago and started it. And you didn't admit you started the podcast/fan site for the purpose of getting free swag
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-20-2011, 10:12 AM
If I got the bug ship I'd give it to Chris just to spite all the people complaining about it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-20-2011, 10:18 AM
He never said that Cryptic gave him the ship, only that people often send him things like the Christmas presents and he was lucky enough to find one. So it doesn't even sound like the gifts he got were from Cryptic.

Even if they were, what's wrong with giving a present to someone who's done so much to aid and support the game?
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I'm actually ok with Dev magic too as long as it was not some sort of mass gifting to a whole fleet. *That* would tick me off something frightful.

As I said, if I were a dev and had a close friend who ran a podcast I'd give him a special ship under similar circumstances.
Heck I'd give special things to close friends or struggling new players from time to time period just to be nice.
I'm wondering is these ships are going to be given away by contest sponsered by the podcasts?
Closed Thread