Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
What weapon loadout do people prefer on Science vessels? I'm currently debating between using Beam Arrays for a broadside fight (cruiser style) versus DBBs forward Turrets aft for a forward fixed armament. In either case I'll probably add a torpedo launcher forward.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon_Hawkwood
What weapon loadout do people prefer on Science vessels? I'm currently debating between using Beam Arrays for a broadside fight (cruiser style) versus DBBs forward Turrets aft for a forward fixed armament. In either case I'll probably add a torpedo launcher forward.
Well, I don't know about other people, but I use 6 Beam Arrays. I put my eng toon in the intrepid,(Something that has seemed to grow in popularity) and it works great. I can tank/heal, and do some good DPS. People tried to tell me to "be a shield stripper", "Use Quantum's", but I didn't want to do that. I found that 6 BA's works good for me, so try it out .
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Depends on what youre trying to do. I still like torps on my science ships. Ive been known to run 2xDBB + 1x torp in front and 2xBA + 1xtorp in the rear
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2011, 05:39 PM
I do Beam array, Torp, and Single cannon fore, and Beam array, Torp and Turret aft. While not heavy on DPS, it does have the benifit of best firing arc for when other players make it difficult to keep them in my forward sights.

Also, I make sure that none of my Tac BOFFs have beam skills, since using the four target subsystems one after the other makes those skills a waste of time and investment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Generally I don't like DBBs on science ships. They turn too slow and only have 6 weapon slots which doesn't leave room for enough non-frontal arc firepower.

If, however, you want to pump your turn rate, say by loading up on RCS consoles and possibly taking aux to dampners for your LT engineer skill, then you can probably make good use out of a DBB+turret build.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Another variant that worked well for me was dbb, torp, ba fore; ba, torp, ba aft.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone .
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9374/shipq.png
Pre season 5

I have since changed torp positioning.

1 BA 1 chron 1 photon / plasma
1 BA 1 chron 1 photon

with a rotation of

1 BA 2 photon
1 BA 1 chron mine 1 plasma mine ( rare) -- 1 BA 1 chron torp 1 plasma mine

Tac skills dependent on team and intended role

2 tac teams
2 torp spread
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Generally I don't like DBBs on science ships. They turn too slow and only have 6 weapon slots which doesn't leave room for enough non-frontal arc firepower.

If, however, you want to pump your turn rate, say by loading up on RCS consoles and possibly taking aux to dampners for your LT engineer skill, then you can probably make good use out of a DBB+turret build.
What? They have better turn rates than cruisers do, and I use them on cruisers as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9374/shipq.png
Pre season 5

I have since changed torp positioning.

1 BA 1 chron 1 photon / plasma
1 BA 1 chron 1 photon

with a rotation of

1 BA 2 photon
1 BA 1 chron mine 1 plasma mine ( rare) -- 1 BA 1 chron torp 1 plasma mine

Tac skills dependent on team and intended role

2 tac teams
2 torp spread
Does that really work? The recycle rate and the DPS must be horrible!!!