Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-26-2011, 09:00 PM
After skills and such, I'm at 123 Weapons Power.

With 6 beams, I can actually do more damage than a comparable Cruiser thanks to Sensor Analysis.

Another fun set up is 3 Beam Arrays fore, 3 Turrets aft and FAW + RF/CSV.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
Depends on what youre trying to do. I still like torps on my science ships. Ive been known to run 2xDBB + 1x torp in front and 2xBA + 1xtorp in the rear
That is what I do on my Intrepid. I am not sure how good of a setup that is for the Nebula though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Generally I don't like DBBs on science ships. They turn too slow and only have 6 weapon slots which doesn't leave room for enough non-frontal arc firepower.

If, however, you want to pump your turn rate, say by loading up on RCS consoles and possibly taking aux to dampners for your LT engineer skill, then you can probably make good use out of a DBB+turret build.
I wholly agree with this, but for other reasons;

A Dual Beam Bank is only 1.3x the damage of a Beam Array. Even with 3 DBBs up front, you're only getting the damage of 3.9 Beam Arrays.

With the changes to power transfer and such, it's far easier to run broadsides now. I fully recommend 5-6 beam arrays for full broadsides; more damage and a far larger arc.

The only time I'd run a DBB is for Beam Overload.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-27-2011, 03:52 PM
in all honesty it depends on what science ship youre using and what your goal with that science ship is.

healer/cc roles have a way different loadout then dps/cc roles and dps/healers have a different layout as well.

pick your flavor and i'll tell you what i use.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-27-2011, 05:18 PM
On my Nebula Class retrofit, I use single cannons and turrets with the QTorp launcher and Har'peng torpedo aft.

Fore: 2 single cannons, 1 QTorp launcher
Aft: 1 Turret, 1 QTorp launcher, 1 Har'peng torp launcher

I put the Universal BO slot as Tac to have the following:
Tac Team 1, HYT2
Torp Spread 1, CRF1

Works for me as a Fed Engineer when I hope into it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
That is what I do on my Intrepid. I am not sure how good of a setup that is for the Nebula though.
It does just fine. I'm more worried about using science abilties than doing uber dps. I also run an emergency power to engines should the 15.1 turn rate not be good enough.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
The only time I'd run a DBB is for Beam Overload.
I run two copied of BO on my Nebbie'
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-30-2011, 09:12 PM
As others have said it depends on your style. I find I can disable and lock down my targets so well in my D'kyr that Dual Beam Banks + Hargh'peng are the way to go for me. I have little trouble killing just about anything.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-31-2011, 10:36 AM
I had a PUG with four other science officers on the Mirror Invasion last night. You have no idea how quickly you can take down an Armada of ships by simultaneously using five gravity wells. I do not think I even had time for the fifteen second cooldown to expire to throw Tyken's rift at them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I had a PUG with four other science officers on the Mirror Invasion last night. You have no idea how quickly you can take down an Armada of ships by simultaneously using five gravity wells. I do not think I even had time for the fifteen second cooldown to expire to throw Tyken's rift at them.
I once went head to head with the Unimatrix Ship in the Orrelius RA with my D'Kyr and a few Carriers. We hit it with 3 Tyken's Rift III's LOL... I never saw that thing go BOOM so fast in my life. Its shields dropped off and it did not fire a single beam. Its hull MELTED within mere seconds. Gotta love the power of Multiple Science ships ganging up for uber destruction.