Lt. Commander
So this will earn an infraction most likely. I used to care about that because I love the forums and I want to keep myself in good standing with it. But if Borticus is the Tron that fights for the users, RSA has always been the ones who fight for the community.

We all know the Holiday Event has been fun. We enjoy the race and the skating and even some of the goofy snowball fights. And we all know the dissatisfaction with how you obtain the Jem Hadar ship. But what really broke the camel's back was what we've seen recently. If you listened to last week's PodcastUGC, you know they received a Jem Hadar ship from Al Riveria aka Gecko, to do with as they please. And we learned that Priority One, has received one as well. We don't know if STOked has but I think it's a safe bet to say that, Chris and gang will receive one.

What about RSA? Let me be up front and say; we do not want one. Not after this. But where is the consideration for us?

We realize we are not the fan favorite show. We aren't as good as STOked and we don't provide as much detail in specific aspects of the game like PodcastUGC but next to STOked we are the longest running podcast. And we don't set out to ream Cryptic over every mistake, we praise when praise is earned, i.e. we enjoy the Winter Event for the most part. But this blatant bias towards every podcast BUT us, it really has tarnished our view of Cryptic irrevocably.

Look at the main page of StarTrekOnline.com, notice that post promoting Subspace Radio's 1000 C-Store point giveaway? Do they ever mention RSA? We've spent hundreds of dollars on C-Store Points, prizes etc and given away these weekly (at least until recently since we've been saving money to get a new dedicated server for LiveStream). Every week we'd give away random amounts of C-Store points, in-game items, you name it. Not to mention how much we've each spent personally amongst the five of us, on stuff for ourselves. Yet no mention of any of that. You'd think a company would want to promote folks spending even more money on them and promoting their game.

Before someone, primarily a dev or a forum moderator says "Well why didnt you ever email us or contact us to promote it?" We have. We have documented hundreds of emails to various PR email addresses, staff emails, messages in game when we see a dev on, you name it. It is not because of a lack of us not trying. We have. For two years.

We know we are last in the race of podcasts. We have the least amount of listeners, and Cryptic could give two squats about it. That's fine with us. We have come to accept that and live with it. And we still do our show, because it's fun for us and the listeners we do have are loyal fans who have stuck with us during good times and bad. Folks like Link, Senshi, Omega, Galactrix, and so many others I can't name them all off the top of my head. We love them for listening to us.

And yet, Cryptic has not one ounce of respect for us. Not one. Look at other podcasts, they even get things in-game named after them or put in. PodcastUGC get's Havaraha's Helena character added as a Doff. Priority One / Neutral Zone has a fleet of ships named after them, STOked has kinda unofficially gotten the "Jupiter" uniforms. And yet, despite thousands of hours of editing, promoting STO, pumping money into the game hand over fist, nothing for RSA. No "Expendable" title, no "Red Shirt" title, minor stuff that could take what, five minutes to make?

We don't want anything from Cryptic. As much as it sounds like the ultimate QQ of such, it's the respect we would like to have. An acknowledgement that we even frigging exist in the community. We have pump blood sweat and sometimes tears into making our show. We've spent time away from family and loved ones to make episodes, hundreds of hours editing our show, getting it all out on twitter, facebook, providing other shows as well such as The Doc Watch our unique audio dramedy set in the STO universe, The Daily STO a semi daily round up of news and opinion, our new show for another game I'm not allowed to mention and much more. And we're still pee'd on from on high by the developer gods who see fit to ignore us.

We've stuck through STO from it's best times and it's current worst times. From the awesomeness of the first Weekly Episode series, to the bleakness of the content famine to the f2p scare. We've promoted PvP when so few others have, and so much more. All for free. We never asked anything in return. We never expected hand outs from Cryptic or praise or anything. Yet any other podcast sneezes and Cryptic is there with a tissue to help them blow their nose. We could be on fire and Cryptic would not pee on us to save our lives.

To be honest this, has really put one depression on the holiday season for us. We expected better. But then again that's our fault for assuming people are human beings.

We'll still be here, putting on our shows, as always. But at this point, we have no respect left for Cryptic. None.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Arent you the guys that had homophobic jokes in your shows? Maybe they dont want to associate themselves with any podcast they think would offend their players. Cant blame them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Arent you the guys that had homophobic jokes in your shows? Maybe they dont want to associate themselves with any podcast they think would offend their players. Cant blame them.
Not that I recall, that was Subspace Radio if memory serves. One I do know that was pretty offensive was Priority One making some pretty unsavory remarks about the South in general and North Carolina in particular.

Granted they later apologized, but only after it was pointed out to them how poorly it reflected on them, but not from the hosts that actually made the comments.

So no, I don't think Cryptic cares what podcasts offends who.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
RSA is my favorite podcast out of all those that I know of and it's unfortunate to hear that you guys got treated this way.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Pretty sure I recognize you from several highly critical comments directed at Cryptic for what you feel are bad decisions. And it's not even the good kind of critical; you tend to be outright insulting.

And since you're the only one flying an RSA banner around here, you're probably the one they think of when they get anything from RSA at all.

You honestly think they'd promote you guys with how poor a job you do representing them...?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post

You honestly think they'd promote you guys with how poor a job you do representing them...?
Hmm I don't know about that. RSA POSITIVELY promotes the Star Trek Online in several ways. And most of it very positive. There is the Web site with STO stuff splashed on it. Theres Twitter, Facebook and the Podcast that's done on Sunday nights and 2 other podcast MAv mentioned. We all have a point of view, and sometimes the group of us disagrees about the direction of STO, but we all either have Lifetime accounts or Mav and I pay every month to play and have since the game went live . So there must be something we like or else we wouldn't fork out the cash, or promote the game on a daily basis. I promote Star Trek Online by running a fan site www.STOportal.com and I believe that's a positive way to promote the game. Have a wonderful Holiday! By the way, we are also promoting Star Trek Online in another popular game, we created a guild called, wouldn't you know "Red Shirt Army"

MorBlade
Red Shirt Army
Lt. Commander
# 7 uh..
12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
To be honest this whole rant just ensured I will not be a listener of your podcast. I listen to all the podcasts I can get my hands on and simply have never heard of yours. This kind of rant does leave a sour taste so i can honestly say this is one listener you lost preemptively.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I've listened to RSA countless times. I've even got some C-Points from RSA long ago. Why they get no attention from Cryptic I will never know. But I support you guys.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon_Kent
To be honest this whole rant just ensured I will not be a listener of your podcast. I listen to all the podcasts I can get my hands on and simply have never heard of yours. This kind of rant does leave a sour taste so i can honestly say this is one listener you lost preemptively.
It is very frustrating to put that much effort into something and only see others get acknowledged...

I understand the emotion, though I also think it was expressed in a form a bit over the top.

Perhaps BranFlakes can ease some of the tension in some manner.

Not to be too insulting... but he's got to be good for something other than setting up events and muting players enthusiasm for the game.

(that seems kinda-sorta counter-productive doesn't it...?.. guess it's my Grinchy/Scroogey-Xmas week blues coming out... sorry....)
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Confirmed, Chris from STOked received a bug ship, but wont say from who... I'll put good odds that it was JMan himself who dev'd that into his inventory.
Closed Thread