Lt. Commander
# 11 Learn your canon
12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Yes it is realistic End of Voyager S6 Begining S7 Jainway frees some of them to there pre assimutaled state but they have the borg look and powers and ships so it is realistic

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unimatrix_Zero

FRom Link:

Although this resulted in the destruction of Unimatrix Zero, it also resulted in the creation of a 'fleet' of multiple Borg vessels under the control of former drones, these drones going on to make up the resistance movement against the Borg; Unimatrix Zero was gone, but the drones themselves had survived. It is unknown if any of those drones did succeed, although Korok promised to stay in contact with USS Voyager
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-20-2011, 03:28 PM
It would be funny as an event. Like a big game of tag. One person starts off as a borg and then when someone is touched or boarded they become assimilated and then it is the last Captain standing.

Hope that was not too off topic but I am not sure that (as a borg faction) I want to be THAT connected to my other borg family.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Perhaps a Borg vessel is the 1000 reward ship. Combine it with the Liberated Borg character and the Borg Bridge Officers, and there you go.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Yes it is realistic End of Voyager S6 Begining S7 Jainway frees some of them to there pre assimutaled state but they have the borg look and powers and ships so it is realistic
those aren't borg, those are people liberated from the collective. theres a difference.

Quote:
Perhaps a Borg vessel is the 1000 reward ship. Combine it with the Liberated Borg character and the Borg Bridge Officers, and there you go.
no. just, no.

it won't happen
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-20-2011, 06:30 PM
A possible way to introduce the 'infected' gaemplay mode into STO, which could be cool. "Hold out against the Borg for as long as possible."

Borg keep respawning if they die but the non-borg faint when killed and infected with nano-probes. Once that is done. They become borg and continue play thus the only way for the non-borg to win will be just to survive.

RESISTENCE WILL FINALLY BE FUTILE!
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-20-2011, 07:17 PM
[quote=Rhodes85;3916219]those aren't borg, those are people liberated from the collective. theres a difference.

They are a cannon start to a new faction, and they said in the episode they would fight the borg so they could be a faction to play, please remmber this is years after all the shows and movies there could have been things that happened
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-21-2011, 02:23 AM
See that's another good idea,

Originally I was thinking more along the lines of starting off as a normal race and getting assimilated (in terms of story), then as fed and kdf have currencies earned by missions, as the Borg are always on a quest for "perfection" there could be something like "perfection points". Bear in mind, it's only a rough idea, but in terms of "what to do", there could be PvP as I originally stated, maybe a horde mode of fed in a sector you go and invade (as this could work both in space and on ground, including on a Borg ship). There could also be events in the calendar like "how many species can be assimilated", "stop a federation counter offensive".

One thing I would deffo like, would be to constantly hear (not loudly) a constant stream of Borg voices to show that you are in the collective, so if for some reason you didn't hear it you might be being separated?

And peeps be honest, if you think it's a rubbish idea, I'll leave it at that, I just love the Borg :-)
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Why would anyone want to play as an automaton? By definition, the Borg are mindless drones, and only do what they collective demands. So, essentially - an NPC. Playable Borg doesn't make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce9984 View Post
I'm merely curious to see what people would think about such an idea, so please keep this civil, as it's just me throwing some ideas together which maybe if people like it enough the devs might add into the game who knows, as stranger things have happened,

So, the idea kinda came to mind ever since it was said that originally it was thought that the Klingons were to be a PvP faction from the outset, and obviously that kinda went a bit sideways (but that's a different argument entirely). My thoughts are simple, as there is no point doing PvE missions as such as playing the Borg, these could really be the perfect candidate for a proper PvP faction.

In essence you could start off as a bog standard "drone" in a "probe", and obviously as you rank up lvl wise you could eventially reach an "Elite Tactical Drone" in a Tac Cube. With the recent gfx pass the art assets should be ok?

But what would the Borg actually do? what about actually being the enemy contacts in certain sectors, so actually roaming around trying to pull people on their missions and actually cause an "Oh my....." moment

Or would this cause a problem for what plans are in store ?

*If anything like this has been posted previously, apologies in advance*

thanks
How will you know which way your ship is facing..
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacd View Post
How will you know which way your ship is facing..

If you increase your speed and you move to the left, adjust your camera. :p