Lt. Commander
Hi all
My game has been working fine since I got it when it came out, but just today I went to get on and seem not to be able to. I can log in and patch fine (although there was no patching that needed to be done), but after I hit "engage" it hangs at the Cryptic screen for about a minute. Then it crashes and I get this:

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to
Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long

I tried again and verified all the files first, same thing. This happens no matter which shard I try to get on to.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Try to turn off proxy. I was haveing the same issue (EU proxy), the turning off helped me.
Lt. Commander
http://ak.imgaft.com/images/logo_gd.png

cant get to actual foruams

I can log in and Get the Champions Foruam Steam News Ad but when i hit go to news article
the GO DADDY with champions on line pops up and it never goes to the foruam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the advice Playa90. I actually already had the proxy set to none; just for the sake of it, I tried turning it on again and still couldn't get through.

I also disabled on-demand patching, since that seems to be the source of the problem. Right after a patch showed up, which I let fully download, but it still didn't work. Didn't work with the on-demand enabled again either.

Any other thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Have you Flushed your Dns If your DNS is fully loaded it can cause problems for any mmo's

1. Open up a command prompt (Start > Run > "cmd.exe" > OK).
2. Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenshiBat View Post
http://ak.imgaft.com/images/logo_gd.png

cant get to actual foruams

I can log in and Get the Champions Foruam Steam News Ad but when i hit go to news article
the GO DADDY with champions on line pops up and it never goes to the foruam.
What Browser you useing Fire fox and Chrome might be a Flash player issue they have not updated it yet for Firefox or chrome.Try your internet Explorer you should be able too update it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-20-2011, 05:07 PM
In my case when I do a tracert, it gets to a particular IP address (38.111.40.114), then fails to go any further (PS I cannot access the website or forum from my home internet either)
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Have you tried other sites
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes, google, gmail, theage.com.au all work, it is only the StarTrekOnline.com and CrypticStudios.com sites that I am having issues with.

I have tried different computers, different browsers, different Operating Systems, the only thing that seems to work is using a different Rout that doesn't go through that ip address
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Hmm may be your IP is blocking the site for a reason Might be a good idea to check with your internet provider and see if your modem working right.