Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Now that it appears that Voldemort, TSS and FBP have been fixed I think it's safe to come back and have my 1-month sub overlap into F2P.

So... what's still broken? I'm assuming balance got 100x worse thanks to the addition of more P2W crap?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Now that it appears that Voldemort, TSS and FBP have been fixed I think it's safe to come back and have my 1-month sub overlap into F2P.

So... what's still broken? I'm assuming balance got 100x worse thanks to the addition of more P2W crap?
Voldie may or may not be gone. FBP is still borked, Oh TSS I think is fixed but now with the Doff system it is almost like you have 2 of them, when you combine Doff BFI Shield Regen chance and Borg Proc Chance. But PvP is more or less more balanced than it was. Escorts kill, cruisers heal, and SV do sci stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I now command a beetle starship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Voldie may or may not be gone. FBP is still borked, Oh TSS I think is fixed but now with the Doff system it is almost like you have 2 of them, when you combine Doff BFI Shield Regen chance and Borg Proc Chance. But PvP is more or less more balanced than it was. Escorts kill, cruisers heal, and SV do sci stuff.
FBP is still borked? I've been using FBP 2 and it seems like the damage is in-line with what I expected, albeit slightly higher (but I attributed that to having 3 dedicated FBP consoles and a general buff to Escort damage/FBP damage).

On the note of DOffs, what seems to be a good setup regarding those? I'm a complete noob so I've got no idea how those even work. I have a green Aux to SIF CD reduction, Target Subsystems CD reduction, and a blue Gravimetric Aftershock DOff loaded up, but I don't even know if these are decent heh.

FvK seems more of a spam/lagfest than ever. You'd better hope someone brought CSV/FAW to combat all of the random crap flying around and people are dumping EWP like there's no tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
I now command a beetle starship.
Noooo, go back to your Defiant/FE. You were OP enough in those :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
FBP is still borked? I've been using FBP 2 and it seems like the damage is in-line with what I expected, albeit slightly higher (but I attributed that to having 3 dedicated FBP consoles and a general buff to Escort damage/FBP damage).

On the note of DOffs, what seems to be a good setup regarding those? I'm a complete noob so I've got no idea how those even work. I have a green Aux to SIF CD reduction, Target Subsystems CD reduction, and a blue Gravimetric Aftershock DOff loaded up, but I don't even know if these are decent heh.

FvK seems more of a spam/lagfest than ever. You'd better hope someone brought CSV/FAW to combat all of the random crap flying around and people are dumping EWP like there's no tomorrow.



Noooo, go back to your Defiant/FE. You were OP enough in those :p
Its not like the Jemhadar ship is OP in any way

You lose a ensign slot, and theres only so much you can do with 2 uni Lt slots on a Escort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Its not like the Jemhadar ship is OP in any way

You lose a ensign slot, and theres only so much you can do with 2 uni Lt slots on a Escort.
It far outstrips the FE, imo.

Put on a Lt Eng and an Lt Sci, and you have the FE's loadout... except you have 1 extra Eng console and a better turn rate. Sure, you lose a Sci console, but those were largely irrelevant for FEs before and even moreso now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
The big thing about the beetle ship is its turn rate. With all the uni consoles the console layout is not an issue since borg uni will go in the 1 sci slot and 1 or 2 p2w will go in the engie consoles.

As for doffs until you can get purple ones look for the ones that will help your ship setup. Most of them have a little discription though some are ambiguous like one helps deflector abilities but with skill tree revamp that is going to be tough to figure out.

On my raptor for space I use doffs that do the following, Shield Distro officer - BFI gets the TSS effect, Proj Weapons - chance to speed up proj recharge, an engie doff - it adds buffs bassed on batteries used, sci doff I think - that helps energy drains since I use Plasmonic leech and Borg TB, and eng doff - helps with recharge of EPtX recharge.


So in essence I went more defensive with doffs to help with survivability in an escort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
The big thing about the beetle ship is its turn rate. With all the uni consoles the console layout is not an issue since borg uni will go in the 1 sci slot and 1 or 2 p2w will go in the engie consoles.

As for doffs until you can get purple ones look for the ones that will help your ship setup. Most of them have a little discription though some are ambiguous like one helps deflector abilities but with skill tree revamp that is going to be tough to figure out.

On my raptor for space I use doffs that do the following, Shield Distro officer - BFI gets the TSS effect, Proj Weapons - chance to speed up proj recharge, an engie doff - it adds buffs bassed on batteries used, sci doff I think - that helps energy drains since I use Plasmonic leech and Borg TB, and eng doff - helps with recharge of EPtX recharge.


So in essence I went more defensive with doffs to help with survivability in an escort.
I still maintain that the ship is balanced.. For regular PvP survival youre pretty much locked into Sci/Eng and the extra eng console is somewhat balaanced out by the missing sci console.. That leaves turning and hull.

Is the turning really that superior to say MVAE hyperturn?

Also something you neglect to mention is the lack of the Ensign BO seat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
12-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
It far outstrips the FE, imo.

Put on a Lt Eng and an Lt Sci, and you have the FE's loadout... except you have 1 extra Eng console and a better turn rate. Sure, you lose a Sci console, but those were largely irrelevant for FEs before and even moreso now.
You lose a sci console *and* the Eng Ensign.. We keep argueing about how powerful a ensign Sci or Eng is on a escort, compared to the tac seat on the defiant.. Suddenly everyone seems to forget they dxist on the FE and AE!?!

Am I remembering completely wrong when I think I dont have a Ensign slot on the thing?
(I only flew the thing for a couple of hours before going back to meh Deffyiant
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
12-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Mel, I can tank the hell out of this ship. The only thing that hurts me is FBP and bieber sucking me dry ( which he does not do anymore).

At the same token I have seen these bugs go down faster than paris hilton. It's all on whos flying the ship.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.