Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic Kills Crafting
12-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Ok - Much was said about this on tribble.

The overwhelming feedback was that putting Dilithium into crafting was a bad idea and players did not want it.

Well, now is testing over and the feedback has been ignored. We can all see how bad this really is.

For me - it was my favourite part of the game and to think that I will now have to spend days grinding just to make a single purple weapon has left me gutted.

It didn't need messing with, certainly not to this extent.

I have spoken to other crafters at Mem Alpha and fleet colleagues - we are all agreed.

I just wonder what other crafters think?

Rich
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2011, 02:38 AM
I visited Mem-Alpha and checked a few recipes. I couldn't find a single one that required dilithium to craft (granted I only skimmed a few close to my rank of Commander). Only a few of these myserious "Common Unreplicateable Materials", whatever they are, were required.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Well, yes. Crafting is dead now, there is no doubt.

But to be honest, it always sucked. I was never a big crafting fan in any game, but this was the most lazy implementation of crafting I had ever seen (basicly the only reason I DID craft was because it was that easy).

I really hope they change the crafting a some point to be incentive.

I always thoght crafting should be really "crating", that means not being an alternative way to purchase a predefined item but costumize it in stats, and... for ground weapons for example.... visuals.
You know... CRAFTING.
That would IMO justify the higher efford it takes now (compared to other ways) to get that kind of items.

A Fleetmate yesterday mentionet that he read somewhere that they want to change crafting to something like that... so may be there is hope for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
I visited Mem-Alpha and checked a few recipes. I couldn't find a single one that required dilithium to craft (granted I only skimmed a few close to my rank of Commander). Only a few of these myserious "Common Unreplicateable Materials", whatever they are, were required.
And those cost Dillithium.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
And those cost Dillithium.
How much dilithium? Do you know?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Didnt watch my sel yet.... but a fleetmate mentionet something about 1 kind costing 100 and another 1000 dillithium... but that might not be accurate.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Didnt watch my sel yet.... but a fleetmate mentionet something about 1 kind costing 100 and another 1000 dillithium... but that might not be accurate.
Even at those rates I should hopefully have enough to knock up enough gear to kit my ships out reasonably with blues and purples for Captain and Admiral (if I ever get to Admiral)
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Not sure now. When I tried it you needed 10 rDL for Common, 100 for uncommon and 1000 for rare. I heard that they got rid of the middle one though so I am not sure about how much rDL they cost now. All I know for sure is it still costs DL.

The point behind the unreplicatibles is that you can buy them and trade them. This way those who want an item crafted and their crafter does not want to drop the DL, can buy the unreplicatible and give those to the crafter. Still leaves fleet crafters in a bind though as they will be less likely to craft an item and leave it in the fleet bank for anyone else in the fleet who could use it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Aye, I noticed the price of the common unreplicateables was around 350,000 to 500,000 EC on the exchange. I can't imagine that being cost effective at all. But a handful of rDL doesn't seem too bad. I suppose it's subjective. I found I have about 125,000 rDL from all the exploration badges I'd gathered in the last 2 years, and really I'm only gonna need to make 2 more tiers worth of ship gear out of it, so there should be a fair old pile of it sitting around if you wanna work out a deal at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Common Unreplicateable Materials cost 10 Dilithium, not so bad.
Uncommon Unreplicateable Materials cost 1000 Dilithium, herein lies the problem.

With the new any-ship, any-weapon Skills, I was going to try and make my Defiant a canon build, whereas before I was using Antiproton and would have had to Respec.

I don't remember the exact numbers I came up with but I do remember that with the 8K refining limit it would have taken me 6 days to grind up and refine the needed Dilithium to craft the new ship weapons.

By the power vested in me (by me) I hereby declare Crafting DOA.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-02-2011, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Common Unreplicateable Materials cost 10 Dilithium, not so bad.
Uncommon Unreplicateable Materials cost 1000 Dilithium, herein lies the problem.

With the new any-ship, any-weapon Skills, I was going to try and make my Defiant a canon build, whereas before I was using Antiproton and would have had to Respec.

I don't remember the exact numbers I came up with but I do remember that with the 8K refining limit it would have taken me 6 days to grind up and refine the needed Dilithium to craft the new ship weapons.

By the power vested in me (by me) I hereby declare Crafting DOA.
Fully agree with you Katic. Cryptic killed crafting effectivly. I have a bank full of data samples, but I won't trade in my dilithium.