Lt. Commander
# 1 More Feminine Emotes
12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Is there any chance that we could make it so sitting/dancing/ I think even jumping... is less MANLY for female characters?

Because it is seriously awkward and clearly the basic emotes were designed for male sprites but then copied over for female sprites as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Flying StarShips and Killing Aliens is MANS WORK!

But I agree the Emotes would be nice and the Dances too. Id like to see the one dance when ya drink the nerve tonic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Flying StarShips and Killing Aliens is MANS WORK!
LOL That is so wrong... and so funny!

Would be cool to have more emotes geared towards the ladies. I'm curious about this "Seductive" Dance emote that's on our list now. Going to have to search the forum and see if there more info about that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubl View Post
LOL That is so wrong... and so funny!

Would be cool to have more emotes geared towards the ladies. I'm curious about this "Seductive" Dance emote that's on our list now. Going to have to search the forum and see if there more info about that.
That 'seductive dance' is the current easter egg when a female character drinks a nerve tonic from Night of the Comet XD

Unless they do something different with it. I would imagine it'd be from the Easter Egg
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
The men and women have their own unique walk and run animations. That's a start.

The rest... sure, work on them. Should be interesting. Just don't cop out and go all 'sexy or seductive' and assume that this is what makes it feminine. As nice as that is to look at, it's also rather unrealistic, not to mention that games and gamers already have a bad rep for chauvinism and misogyny.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitherow
That 'seductive dance' is the current easter egg when a female character drinks a nerve tonic from Night of the Comet XD
I know nothing of what you speak. That Ferengi at the Dabo table is obviously lying......... Lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitherow

Unless they do something different with it. I would imagine it'd be from the Easter Egg
Thanks for the info!
Lt. Commander
# 8 This forum is illogical
12-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Is there any chance that we could make it so sitting/dancing/ I think even jumping... is less MANLY for female characters?

Because it is seriously awkward and clearly the basic emotes were designed for male sprites but then copied over for female sprites as well.
As a Vulcan, I say that emotes and dancing are illogical
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-09-2011, 11:11 AM
My wife would like to see some of these, too, as well as better female stances. When her toon puts one hand on her waist (while just standing around), there's a weird bend in the upper arm and shoulder that makes it look . . . um . . . broken.

That said, we appreciate the effort the devs have been putting into this over the last few months.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Does this mean that the emote that you used to have to earn from the tonic mission is now avail anytime?

Just another thing that used to be a source of fun for me in this game and is now gone.

Impromptue dance party tonic run missions? I guess F2P will never get to have that experience. They will just click on the button.