Lt. Commander
# 1 Steam Login Taking Forever?
12-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey, I tried to log into Steam and couldn't proceed for an eternity, it's still loading. On the website, I was able to log in immediately. Do you have the same issue when you play Steam games?

~ Meow
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I have that issue too sometimes. It might just be from their servers being clogged up. Between a lot of people being on break now and the holiday sales they're having, they're probably pretty bogged down.

If you go to their store page, you can scroll down and see a chart of how many people are online. As I'm typing this, there's 4 million logged in....

~ Toucan squawk :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2011, 09:11 AM
We do not use or purchase Sony products in our house. We maintain a Sony-free zone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2011, 09:16 AM
<hugs SAilor U icon>
I can feel you pain

The link via STEAM to Champions on line is Broken you can only reach Champions via the sTO Client all games box on options list..

Then it dosent properly List you as using Champions for day or beign logged i n to Claim Special Winter PAckage Gifts for completing a Perk their version of an STO accolade.

http://10ites.com/attachment.php?thumbnail=46

Im fan of Haruka..
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
We do not use or purchase Sony products in our house. We maintain a Sony-free zone.
Steam is an online software store. Some games require it, such as Half-Life 2. Star Trek Online is also sold on there. It might sell Sony games and link up with the PS3 in some way, but I don't think there is any affiliation beyond that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Are you steamed over it yet?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I use it for Train Simulator 2012 (Railworks 3) only, and it took me 10 minutes ... eventually this time I got through. Wowies. *eyes wide open*
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Steam is an online software store. Some games require it, such as Half-Life 2. Star Trek Online is also sold on there. It might sell Sony games and link up with the PS3 in some way, but I don't think there is any affiliation beyond that.
I know what Steam is, and I was mistaken in representing it as being part of Sony.

However, there's considerable cross-pollination of code and development projects between Steam and Sony, and both are also known to use opaque DRM, to which I am extremely opposed.

Sony products don't get into my house, and neither does Steam.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I'll agree that DRM is a pain in the arse. The inability to sell a game is horrible. If I have a choice between Steam and GOG, I'll take that latter every time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
STEAM.. is good for clams.. Cappy. .is good at everything.

The marketing agle is interesting.. Hey X is one STEAM look at their enrolled users. . MArketing made simple.

STEAM can sell themselfs as a portal without supporting or having and Skins in the DEV cycle. Checp for them Easy for Cryptic.. but it bogs down whats really being doen for the end user in the Cycle.